• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][4.1.1] Bugless Beast

Is anyone else having issues with Nova Launcher on JB? Whenever I try to drag and drop icons, sometimes it doesn't let me drag them and instead brings up the Edit and Remove menu. Kinda of annoying but tolerable

Yup I've noticed a few glitches with Nova and JB. Nova is still very beta on JB and I went back to the stock launcher because those little quirks bothered me so much

Reactions: viper689
Upvote 0
Yup I've noticed a few glitches with Nova and JB. Nova is still very beta on JB and I went back to the stock launcher because those little quirks bothered me so much

Yea I might do that soon too. Plus I love how on the stock launcher the widgets automatically move around when space is low or you're trying to add one to the screen. That's not there in Nova yet either

Upvote 0
Is anyone else having issues with Nova Launcher on JB? Whenever I try to drag and drop icons, sometimes it doesn't let me drag them and instead brings up the Edit and Remove menu. Kinda of annoying but tolerable

I noticed this too, but it seems like it's just a matter of timing. If you wait too long to start trying to move it, that menu pops up. I've only gotten the menu once or twice since I realized I had to try to move it pretty much right away.

Upvote 0
I noticed this too, but it seems like it's just a matter of timing. If you wait too long to start trying to move it, that menu pops up. I've only gotten the menu once or twice since I realized I had to try to move it pretty much right away.

You are correct. I guess I gotta stop pondering my moves while doing them and plan it out :p But yea I went to stock launcher for a whole 10 minutes and forgot just how much I was able to change with Nova so I'm back there now lol

Upvote 0
lol :D. Pete has a loyal following. I'm sure, if not by now, someone will have a good battery mod for you. I think the users name is willyjay (who has been making mods for jelly belly) was/is an avid BB user for quite a while. I'd be willing to bet (with some testing of course and some backups before testing) that his mods he has posted would work for BB. I know, it takes some time making backups just to flash a battery mod, but it might be worth your while. If it works, just think how many people you might be able to help who want that mod!

Hey jbdan, good news :) I've been following this thread as well, and willyjay made me a custom to fit mod! :) Score! haha

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I'm flashing BB coming from stock 4.0.4, do I need to reset Google Wallet before I flash to avoid that secure element issue?

I do that before flashing any ROM and have never run into an issue with it. The only thing is that you get the welcome email again, but your balances should return to what they were before flashing. I usually clear out data, too, just for kicks.

Upvote 0
I know this will sound totally insane, but I actually preferred it that way. It gave me a chance to go through and only load back what I really use. Plus, it gave me a little project for 30 minutes.

It doesn't sound insane at all. When I do a TiBu backup I go through and only select the apps that I really want to be restored and leave a lot of them left out.

I just nandroided and flashed the new LeanKernel 4.1 over the 7/13 BB build in hopes of better battery life so I'll be sure to post back my results.

Where did you get this from?

Upvote 0
Where did you get this from?

Over at rootz. Everyone's saying it's working fine, but I haven't noticed any different in life yet really, but kernels take a couple days to break in, at least that's what I believe.

EDIT 1: Just a quick update running LeanKernel. Idle drain is much better running this kernel. It's been 2h 10min since unplugged and while I haven't used the phone much (9mins screen on time), I still have 91% remaining. Much better than yesterday where I would lose 10% in 30mins.

Upvote 0
Over at rootz. Everyone's saying it's working fine, but I haven't noticed any different in life yet really, but kernels take a couple days to break in, at least that's what I believe.

EDIT 1: Just a quick update running LeanKernel. Idle drain is much better running this kernel. It's been 2h 10min since unplugged and while I haven't used the phone much (9mins screen on time), I still have 91% remaining. Much better than yesterday where I would lose 10% in 30mins.

The stock kernel was running ok for me, I was dropping about 6-7% per hour but I also have the clock speed set for 920 max and it doesn't seem any slower at all. I just installed LeanKernel and Ill see how it goes.

Upvote 0
The stock kernel was running ok for me, I was dropping about 6-7% per hour but I also have the clock speed set for 920 max and it doesn't seem any slower at all. I just installed LeanKernel and Ill see how it goes.

Is that with a lot of use? What about Wi-Fi? Using the last LK on AOKP 40 I've been getting 2-3% drain with it idling on Wi-Fi. I'm a bit nervous if the battery life is worse on JP. I'm sure there will be plenty of kernel fixes that will help soon, but it makes me hesitant to make the switch.

Upvote 0
so I LOVE the rom and jelly bean makes my phone feel like new again. one thing though i was wondering if anyone could help with, after about 20 minutes on a phone call the audio starts to give high pitch squeaks (its always done this) on some roms it would sound like me or the other person was underwater so on and so forth. i flashed the 4.0.4 radios w/ bootloader when it first dropped, and someone said to flash back the 4.0.2. do you think that would work? are there newer radios then the .04 ones that dropped originally? if you think flashing the 4.0.2 ones would work where can i find them?

Upvote 0
So after 13.5hrs on LeanKernel from being unplugged on half WiFi and half 4G, I got about 1.5hrs of screentime. One thing that bothered me though was that I had to disable data for about 45mins because my battery was just free falling. I could see the number dropping on the battery meter whenever the screen was on. I'm on the auto brightness for the record. I could tell the kernel helped during time when the screen was off, but JB is a killer when its on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones