1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] Bugless Beast by Peter Alfonso

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SolidOrange, Dec 23, 2011.

1. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

Currently downloading the 12-22 nightly of this ROM and couldn't find a thread here for it yet. I loved Pete's builds on my OG Droid, I am hoping they will be equally as great on the GNex.

ROM - Downloads

softkey/battery mods for this rom are here:
    [MOD][4.0.3] SOFTKEY MODS WITH % BATTERY

jbdan likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Installed this the other day. Seems to be working well, really nothing special but nice and fast. I like stock ICS anyway so don't need any tweaks. The only thing I'd like to see (and I know it's in a couple other ROMs) is a numerical battery level. The one on the The3ry ROM for my Bionic was really slick.

3. SolidOrange

You can use any of the "4.0.3 base" ones from this thread:
    http://rootzwiki.com/topic/13657-mod403-softkey-mods-with-1

I am using the 4 blue button and percent in battery. Looks pretty sweet!
    [​IMG]

4. ssick92

ssick92 Android Enthusiast

I believe that is the 5 button from that thread^^^. The 4 button has Back, Home, Recent, Menu, not Home, Recent, Back, Search, Menu. Not too important though

I will probably test flash this tomorrow, although I am loving Zygot3 1.8

5. breadnatty08

Can anyone get Wallet to work with this rom?

6. kurtb

kurtb Lurker

Wallet didn't work for me, went back to 4.0.2

7. SolidOrange

It is definitely this file: 403_4blue.soft_pecrent.in.battery.SystemUI
    i just checked my download folder to make sure. :thinking:

no wallet on this rom, of course, i haven't found anywhere to use it yet, so that doesn't really matter to me. already registered and got my free $10, when i find somewhere that has it, i may consider switching roms. until then, this has everything i want! :cool:

8. SolidOrange

breadnatty08 likes this.
  9. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Android Enthusiast

I found only only one problem with Bugless Beast- NFC won't work :(

10. mobgob

mobgob Member

11. breadnatty08

12. SolidOrange

i haven't been using it long, but it does seem better than the included kernel (whatever it was) so far. Fab's is undervolted across the board, so even at 1.35gHz, i am still seeing better battery life. :cool:

13. 335iRobot

335iRobot Newbie

Finally was able to do this and its in a boot loop now for 20+ mins. :\

14. 335iRobot

335iRobot Newbie

Ok now, to be more thorough, this is what happened (it's since been restored from the backup I made before flashing to this ROM)..

I have unlocked the bootloader.. I have flashed to CWR..

I used the ROM Manager app to backup and flash to the latest nightly build 12.22 of the Bugless Beast. While it was flashing, it was at the CWR screen showing the text output for around a minute after it had completed the backup process.

It then quickly changed to the GNEX boot animation which it then was stuck at for the entire time I was sleeping.

Is there a step of directions for this? Is there something I am missing?

15. 335iRobot

335iRobot Newbie

Tried to flash directly through CWR after rebooting to recovery mode. Didn't work either. :(

16. SolidOrange

here are the steps i followed to load the ROM:

(1) start a backup through ROM manager, wait for CWM to finish this for you
    (2) download the 12.22 nightly through ROM manager
    (3) use ROM manager to reboot into recovery
    (4) wipe data
    (5) wipe cache
    (6) wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)
    (7) format /system (under mounts/storage)
    (8) install the 12.22 nightly
    (9) run fix permissions (under advanced)
    (10) reboot

this is my basic path installing for any new ROM. i never make any other mods to the kernel or framework (softkeys, battery icon, etc.) before i boot up and test the ROM fully. my next step is to make a clean backup of the new ROM, load my apps then start changing framework stuff. after i have everything set up the way i want, i will make another backup, then start trying kernels. when i find a kernel i like, i will make a third and final backup, delete the other 2, and enjoy. :cool:

45droid, chamjin, quiklives and 2 others like this.
  17. 335iRobot

335iRobot Newbie

See, I'm new to the whole ROM thing. Tried to root my Droid X and soft bricked it so when I got the Nexus, figured I would def try again. I'm a web developer/tech nerd so I figured I have enough tech exp to do it right..

Without your steps, I wouldn't of been able to figure it out unless I found instructions elsewhere. I tried the GummyNex ROM and it worked easily. Gonna run it for a while and maybe try this one later :)

Thanks SolidOrange

SolidOrange likes this.
  18. SolidOrange

glad i could help. :D

19. fam

fam Android Enthusiast

Getting camera errors loading app saying camera is not available...its definitely slower to shoot as well...but p3droids 4.03 had white balance issues and was making everything yellow so maybe I should just go back to stock... only thing I wanted was the newer radios anyway

20. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

SolidOrange likes this.
  21. SolidOrange

thanks! yes, that shot is from BB. the power widget is Extended Controls. the softkey mods WERE posted on rootzwiki, but RunAndHide has since claimed they were never there and that he does not support any rom other than axi0m. :thinking:

i still have the 4 blue key, battery percentage in icon file saved, but i don't have any of the others. if you would like that one, let me know and i will find a place to host it or e-mail it to you.

22. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I saw your request over there a few minutes ago, not sure what's going on. Perhaps it's that Axiom has taken off and the requests have mushroomed? I know he's working with him on stuff and prob not getting paid much from donations. I remember Liquid putting out all those roms for different phones, people saying how much they loved it, and he got only a handful of donations with over 1k downloads. (it went something like that) But it does make the devs touchy at times.

SolidOrange likes this.
  23. SolidOrange

i am not even asking for something new, just the links to the 4.0.3 mods that were originally in that thread to begin with. :(

24. StingRay

StingRay Well-Known Member

Wow that would be cool to have...thanks (I'll PM with my email if that's the easiest for you)...that's a shame that they're not available anymore as they are really sharp...where did you get the custom round icons?...those really go well with your whole theme!

25. SolidOrange

e-mail sent with the softkey mod. icons are blue chrome via droidpirate. :cool:

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews