• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] GummyNex 0.3.1 - 12/28/11

kejar31

May 14, 2010
devicev.png

Well I was playing around today and yesterday and decided trying to get my feet wet in preparation for the next Liberty release (for the G-Nex)... I got to a point where I thought things were running well enough that I thought I would go ahead and release this for you all (its what I am running on my phone now).. This is pretty much a strait AOSP build with a few extras included

Notes:
  • Use my Gapps as I am not sure what issues others will cause
  • YOU MUST YOU MY LATEST GAPPS WITH THIS 12/27/11
  • If coming from anything other that Gummy 0.3.0 you must wipe data!
Features:
  • AOSP build based on 4.0.3 complied by me
  • ImoseyON Lean Kernal OC / UV with OC'd GPU support for init.d and swap support - Credit Imoseyon
  • Performance Settings
  • GUI manageable init.d scripts / tweaks
  • Battery % always available in the lockscreen
  • T9 Dialer - Credit CM9
  • OI FileManager (compiled with the ICS SDK)
  • FaceBook contact sync - Credit Roman
  • AOSP Wifi tether enabled
  • Busybox
  • Su and Superuser apk
  • Android Term
  • Stk
  • Livewallpapers compiled and included
Whats not working:
  • nothing :)
ChangeLog:
  1. Reboot options
  2. Imoseyon Lean Kernel - OC GPU / Swap
  3. Fresh build using 4.0.3 binaries
  4. Updated Gapps
  5. Fixed market issues
  1. Init.d support
  2. Option to OC the kernel to 1.4 (comes at 1.2)
  3. Init.d teak scripts added
  4. CM9 T9 Dialer
  5. Removed keyboad crap
  1. 1% battery mod included
  2. Carrier fix included
  3. New Power off options (screenshot and realigned) - credit CM9 and Syaoran12
  4. Default notification led changed to blue
  5. removed alarm status-bar notification - credit Syaoran12
  1. % battery indicator added to the lockscreen (even when not plugged in) - credit Syaoran12
  2. New updated Imoseyon Lean Kernel (Hot Plug Gov added last OC slot lowered to 1.35 + extra tweaks)
  3. Gapps reworked (removed Books and Google Docs) Currents, Music2, GVoice, Maps, StreetView and Vidoes have been added to the data directory to allow users to easily uninstall them
  4. Misc tweaks and fixes to the base
  1. Updated Gapps again to fix the re intraduced bug that wont allow you to buy apps :(
  2. Updated the ROM to the latest released 1.0 LeanKernel
  1. Updated Gapps again.. this should be the final time until new gapps from Google are released
  2. Updated the ROM to the latest released 1.1 LeanKernel
  3. FaceBook contact sync should now be working - credit Roman
  4. Refined the device overlay
  5. AOSP Wifi tether unlocked
  6. Updated FileManager to use the current SDK on its build so now it looks and works like any other ICS application
  7. Added Performance Settings which allow you to modify CPU clock and Gov.. Manage and modify FreeMemery settings and manage and modify the Init.d startup tweaks
  8. Updated battery Icons created by me - otherwise no Kang without credit please :p
  1. Market auto restore is now fixed
  2. added new voltage control to Performance Settings - credit Jrummy16 and Kejar31

Credit / Thanks:
  • Fabulous for all his help over the last few days and allowing me to use his kernel
  • Birdman and co for releasing his Rootz Boat which I used as a guide to get this up and going without his initial hard work there is no way I would have had this up an running in two days
  • ChainsDD for su and superuser
Install:
  • Download the ROM
  • Download Gapps
  • adb reboot recovery
  • wipe data in CWM
  • install ROM
  • install gapps
  • reboot
FilesAdd-ons:Updates / Fixes:
  • None ATM
Donate:
  • If you like what I do please consider getting me at least a beer for my time by donating :)
SceenShot's:

screenshot2011122617001.png
screenshot2011122617003.png
screenshot2011122617003.png
screenshot2011122617004.png
screenshot2011122617021.png
screenshot2011122823443.png
screenshot2011122617023.png
screenshot2011122617030.png
screenshot2011122823444.png
screenshot2011122823445.png

Hello, Im trying to install this rom but I keep getting this error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "maguro" || get prop ("ro.buld.product") == "maguro"

E:Error in /sdcard/Download/DummyNex0.3.0gsm.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

I rooted my phone using the superboot method listed in these forums. Haven't tried any other roms to see if its the same error, but hoping a viewer may be able to quickly identify this. Thanks a million!

Upvote 0
Hello, Im trying to install this rom but I keep getting this error:

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "maguro" || get prop ("ro.buld.product") == "maguro"

E:Error in /sdcard/Download/DummyNex0.3.0gsm.zip
(status 7)
Installation aborted.

Any ideas?

I rooted my phone using the superboot method listed in these forums. Haven't tried any other roms to see if its the same error, but hoping a viewer may be able to quickly identify this. Thanks a million!

check here: [ROM][AOSP][4.0.3][CDMA] GummyNex 0.3.8 - 01/01/12 - RootzWiki - Page 81

this thread is getting a lot of action...from what i remember status 7 error is a bad download, but i could be wrong

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones