1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

[Verizon] [rom] axi0m

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

Thus far, this is the cream of the crop imo. I urge everyone to try it.

|ROM| AXI0M 2.1 | LKEXP V2 KERNEL |12/26/2011| - RootzWiki

Edit: this iteration of the rom has been buggy for me. For now, I'm retracting my recommendation based on the following:

1) It doesn't play nice with: TiBu
    2) It doesn't play with Nova Launcher, which I use to get 5X4 homescreen space, when replacing the search bar.
    3) Can't get soft keys mods to work with Nova Launcher on this iteration.

This is just for me, others may not have these modding needs/wishes, so it might be just fine for them. I expect to be back when/if these issues are fixed.

Edit 2: V.2.2 Still doesn't play nicely with Nova Launcher and for me that's a must.

nj02vette, darkcyber, jbdan and 4 others like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kornesque

kornesque Newbie

I second the motion. The rich feature set and apparent stability are top of the pack IMO. I was sceptical when I read "What's broken: NOTHING" in the ROM description, but I'm fairly convinced now.

cabraswell likes this.
  3. cabraswell

cabraswell Android Enthusiast

Another recommendation here. I've tried a few roms already but this is my favorite. Stable and fast.

4. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

cabraswell likes this.
  5. cabraswell

I believe Axi0m 2.1 comes with Imo's latest experimental kernel. I'd have to double check myself but I believe that is the case.

6. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

It did until last night. He posted a new one.

cabraswell likes this.
  7. cabraswell

I stand corrected. Thanks for the update!

8. Kevmueller

Kevmueller Android Expert

I will also agree that this is one of the best out there and just works right as you boot up. DT was one of a few developers supporting the Bionic and did amazing things on that device. I am not sure how he will, but this build will only get better as he updates more of it.

9. Caveman419

Caveman419 Android Enthusiast

I have been waiting to flash a ROM until one comes out that is worth flashing, seems like they are all pretty much a slight variation of stock. Pete, Fab and P3 all have a great track record of putting out phenomenal work, time to try something new. Stock has been pretty darn good except for battery life. If this is endorsed by Steven, then I think that this will be the first one that I try tonight.

10. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

Dang my flashitous!!! I just got Zygot3 tweeked to my liking, now I need to get this, love this dev and if Axi0m is better then Zygot3 then I think my phone might just pull a skynet on me...

Now if only VZW could get the LTE network back up so I can download this thing on my phone. I'm at work and can't download it on my work comp...

/taps foot.

11. Caveman419

I am still waiting until the first quarter of 2012 to get LTE where I am at (had to have the phone now though). And most downloads are blocked at work too. Gotta practice my patience.

12. ska.t73

ska.t73 Android Expert

I'm loving the LTE (when it is up :p )... I live in Phoenix so we have pretty good coverage, but when I go out to see my kids in Surprise (west AZ) they don't have very good coverage so I drop to 3G out there. You can def notice the difference. You will love it...

And what is this patience thing you speak of?!?

13. Caveman419

I think it is an imaginary term, but my wife says it is real.

Mr. Orange 645 and ska.t73 like this.
  14. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

i've been on zygot's since the begining and upgrade that into his latest release with axi0m...

i'm a romaholic and this rom I can safely say is solid, speedy, and well built.... the developer is rumored to get dev of the month over on rootzwiki...

I second this reccomendation

15. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

ok fine, y'all talked me into it. charging the battery and downloading axi0m as we speak. Bugless was nice, but no NFC and very little dev support means it's time for a switch. DT's roms were always good on my Thunderbolt. Liquid's were my favorite, but DT's were a very close second... i just wish he would 5t0p 5p3ll1ng th1ng5 w1th numb3r5. :p

16. SecondShot

SecondShot Android Enthusiast

++++1 on everything you said...SO!!

Very funny!

SolidOrange likes this.
  17. ttaylor0024

ttaylor0024 Android Enthusiast

Anyone else get market purchase errors?

18. SolidOrange

back to Bugless for me. there is nothing in axi0m i can't live without, and i absolutely could not get any of the 4 softkey mods for axi0m to work. for some reason, the search key never goes away, even when the screen is locked:

[​IMG]

the 4.0.3 softkey mods always worked fine on Bugless, and were one of my favorite parts of the rom.

19. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

20. SolidOrange

21. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Yeah SO, currently I believe DT is working to try to get the 4 key mod working right without the persistant search button.

Onto my own issues with this rom. Does anyone know if there is a way to get the blue softkey mod and the blacked out mod at the same time? I thought I had read flash the softkey mod first then the backed out mod but my softkeys reverted.

SolidOrange likes this.
  22. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

Darn, sorry I was just a little too late. But ya did good cause I wouldn't have even looked or flashed it and now I love it. Thanks dude.

SolidOrange likes this.
  23. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

Yes, I have that now. This is what I did. I flashed the blue softkey mod before the blacked out mod was available. So, as you did, I flashed the blacked out mod and it wiped out my blue mod. I then flashed back the blue key mod and both worked. One caveat, and a biggie I believe. I am using Nova launcher. I want the 5x4 screen without the google search at the top. I hope this helps you somewhat.

Yeahha likes this.
  24. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Thanks, that was my next step but I ran out of time before work to do so and I didn't feel like trying to figure it out if it was confirmed not working. I have also been using NOVA. I really like the backup feature it includes! It makes going to a new rom so much easier without having to set up everything again.

25. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

No mirrors allowed, but get on his twitter feed. 2.2 just released as a test build. I have it d/l but it's late and I'll flash in the am. Chat tomorrow guys.

Edit: Just looked and the links are going dead in 2 min.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews