1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

[Verizon] [rom] axi0m

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Steven58, Dec 28, 2011.

1. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

It is there, the problem is that it does not disappear when the screen is locked like the other 3 icons do. Check out my screenshot in post #18 of this thread to see what I'm talking about. Small annoyance, I know, but there are so many other good roms out there that I just can't live with it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I think I see what you're talking about now. Are you sure you flashed the latest mods? That icon is from an older version IIRC. I don't use the search in the softkey mods, I usually go with either the 3 button or the 4 button w/ menu but I might go and d/l the 4 key search to see if I can replicate. Does it happen with the 3 key option?

Well I believe the point is moot nonetheless since you have moved on to other roms and mods as has Steven. Heading over the the Liquid thread now, I have a couple of questions about that rom if you've flashed it already.

3. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Android Expert

I used the latest mods on 2.1, never tried them on 2.2. Any mod not involving the search key worked fine.

4. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I flashed Wookie just a few minutes ago, but on a 2.2 mod with menu (B-H-R-M) I had a persistent menu key in the corner just as you had a search key. I actually liked it because I could unlock with it but I'm thinking that the 4th key is the culprit with the mods. I haven't modded the softkeys on Wookie yet and I might not.

SolidOrange likes this.
  5. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

Th3ory'5 R0M'5 giv3 m3 a h3@d@ch3

:rolleyes:

ska.t73 and Yeahha like this.
  6. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Ju54 4h3 n@m35 ;) 4h3 r0m5 @r3 pr344y g00d :p

7. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

:shrugs: You know my feeling on him and his ROMs. No need to drag it into this thread and get bashed :)

8. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Yeah I'm not a big fan of devs who use boot.img tweaks either since most kernels will break those tweaks

WormDoes likes this.
  9. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

I don't know. I'll not bash but I also would like to know what you mean by boot.img tweaks that mess things up.

10. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

I'm just guessing it is boot.img tweaks from his thoughts in some tb threads any kernel is a PITA and can break kernel scripts.

DT also like to split base roms which will require you to wipe /system when flashing to a new rom

11. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

Interesting. There were some things bugging me with the rom, I wasn't getting the right feel. Some of the touches were not responding correctly so I'm curious to see if it translates to Wookie which would mean it's either the phone, ICS or 4.0.3. I miss my 4th softkey but so far the rom is so snappy and responsive I'm reluctant to change anything. I might ask him on IRC next time I see him.

12. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

Anyone having trouble adding an exchange account with this rom? I did flash the exchange fix/hack but I keep getting a forced close when setting up the account on the stock email app.

13. bjanow

bjanow Android Expert

14. vtroid5

vtroid5 Well-Known Member

nice...2.3 is working with exchange...no hack/fix used

15. edhgreatone

edhgreatone Well-Known Member

2.3 is great, no issues here! Plus battery percentage built into UI

16. Steven58

Moderator Thread Starter

I'm closing this thread because the dev. has closed his project. axi0m is dead. :( Long live Android Open Kang Project's rom. :)

foo likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews