• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] Codename Android 1.5.0 - Updated 3/5/12

I tried Codename for a brief while today, but now i'm back on AOKP M2 with lean kernel 1.5 stable. I think it was the nice toggles in AOKP that brought me back, along with my familiarity with this ROM.

I haven't tried AOKP but what toggles? There are notification toggles on Codename as well they are turned off by default. I can understand liking one rom due to being used to it, I've done that myself before ;)

Upvote 0
While this ROM is a kang and some of the developers are annoyed, for us users it's wonderful. This is one of, if not the best ROMs available at the moment, IMO. The customizations and features are great. It's nice to not have to flash a bunch of different zips to get what you want. The battery life for me has been so so. I was running this with a kernel I won't mention and I got 7 hours w/ 4 hours screen on time. Terrible, IMO. I switched to Imo's 1.5.1 (180) kernel last night and already notice a drastic improvement. I've been off the charger for 2.5 hours, 50 minutes screen on time and I'm at 84%. Yesterday, on the kernel that won't be mentioned, with similar stats I was under 70% :eek:

One thing I'd like to see added (kanged) is Roman's soft key color picker. His has an option to use a hex color instead of basically guessing like we have to now.

For a first release, though, this is incredible and the skies the limit for this :D

Agreed, I flashed IMO's 1.5.1 and it was better for me as well. I can understand the devs being frustrated about kanging but at least credit is given. I also echo the need for the hex color in the settings as well. I've got my clock and softkeys almost the same color blue ;) I would also like to see the MIUI battery bar as a option without having to flash something else.

Upvote 0
I don't see the 4g widget and I think I'm going crazy. Help? Before I do? Please?

Edit 1: Ok.. I reflashed this baby, entirely.. looking for a 4g toggle in the notification widget. I thought it was me. It wasn't. The dev's op says there is a 4g toggle, but alas, no 4g widget. sigh.

Edit 2: Never mind, I found the settings for them in settings. Shut up. You laugh at me, I ban you. :p jk (i feel foolish)

Laughing:)

So I am on M2 but I have had colored soft keys and the ability to choose position (to an extent) since 15...it is in ROM Control.

Still laughing:)

jmar

P.S. might nandroid backup my AOKP today to give this one a try!

Upvote 0
Just replace the SystemUI.apk from the MIUI bar zip file with the one in the ROM. One flash and you have the battery bar :)

facepalm-gif.25557
Sometimes thinking is a good thing ;)

Reactions: Frisco
Upvote 0
Version 1.1.0 has been released.

Highlights on update
* Common: long press volume when screen locked to skip tracks (cm)
* Common: custom app for sms on lockscreen (romanbb)
* Common: update to add hex color input the color picker (romanbb - modded by CND)
* Common: Add Screenshot Option on Power Menu (CM - but modified for 4.0.3)
* Common: Switched to prebuilt Superuser (there are still a few issues in the from source branch)
* Common: Switched to xoomdev's battery percentage (now battery mod friendly)
* Common: Fixed Galaxy Live strings (Bugless Beast)
* Common: disabled hot bluetooth switching to stop massive battery drain O_O
* Common: Added the ability to customize the grid size in the launcher (Danesh M)
* Common: updated Google Apps (CND originally built off of Kejars gapps)
* Common: all devices now support the camera effects
* Common: Updated all dicts for ICS (blunden)
* Common: added support for init.d
* Common: fixed overlap battery % and charging symbol when plugged in
* Common: fixed YouTube force close
* Common: removed performance settings since some had some issue
* Galaxy Nexus (CDMA): Compatability with verizon wireless apps fixed (MyVerizon, NFL Mobile)

My thoughts on biggest part of update have been bolded ;) The mods in the OP have not been updated to the new rom yet so use at your own risk if updating ;)

Upvote 0
Version 1.1.0 has been released.

Highlights on update

My thoughts on biggest part of update have been bolded ;) The mods in the OP have not been updated to the new rom yet so use at your own risk if updating ;)
Really? How did the "* Common: long press volume when screen locked to skip tracks (cm)" not make your bolded list? I can control me music while me phones off!!!:eek::D

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Flashed this ROM this morning and I don't know if its just me, but it seems like I'm missing some of the settings. Two things I know for sure I can't find and/or am missing are the 4G toggle and overclocking settings. Am I missing something in the settings? All I have is an interface tab. Anyone have any clues?

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Flashed this ROM this morning and I don't know if its just me, but it seems like I'm missing some of the settings. Two things I know for sure I can't find and/or am missing are the 4G toggle and overclocking settings. Am I missing something in the settings? All I have is an interface tab. Anyone have any clues?

To enable LTE go to settings>codename settings>and press notification widget ( not the on/off switch but the letters to the left) to open it. From there you can scroll down to widget buttons and select the ones you want. Overclocking settings weren't working correctly so they've been omitted in this version. Setcpu in the market will do it though. I hope this helps.:)

Reactions: andoird213
Upvote 0
To enable LTE go to settings>codename settings>and press notification widget ( not the on/off switch but the letters to the left) to open it. From there you can scroll down to widget buttons and select the ones you want. Overclocking settings weren't working correctly so they've been omitted in this version. Setcpu in the market will do it though. I hope this helps.:)

It did indeed! I actually found it right after I posted that :p thanks!

Upvote 0
Added mods and themes to OP :D The cobalt theme looks pretty good IMO :) I may have to try it out.

I'm actually running the Black and Cyan...its great except it changes the soft keys to a hideous color and the only option to flash them to ICS blue, which is what I use, is with the webos mod which I don't like. So I flashed the softkey and circle battery mod...but now I can't access toggles :(

Upvote 0
I'm actually running the Black and Cyan...its great except it changes the soft keys to a hideous color and the only option to flash them to ICS blue, which is what I use, is with the webos mod which I don't like. So I flashed the softkey and circle battery mod...but now I can't access toggles :(

Are you on 1.1.1? I know all the mods themes I posted were updated to that version. Some may not have been updated to 1.1.0

Upvote 0
Are you on 1.1.1? I know all the mods themes I posted were updated to that version. Some may not have been updated to 1.1.0

I am. The theme works fine, but I wanted to have the ICS blue softkeys without their annoying webos mod so I had to uninstall the theme :/ the only real good thing about it was the themed GApps. Anyone know if there's a zip that includes all the GApps themed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones