• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] ROM - Hyperdrive RLS7

I've got Hyperdrive RSL7 up and running and one thing is driving me nuts trying to figure it out. To the right of the time in the status bar at the top is a padlock and it shows it as locked. What is that? This is even when my screen is unlocked.

I'm not sure why he put that in the ROM, if you touch it, it will lock your screen. Basically the same as turning off your screen (depending on how you have your phone set up). You can get rid of it using the HD Tweaks app. Well, it was an option on previous HD realeases, I did a quick scan and I'm not seeing it. It may be buried in one of the sub menus. If I find it or you find, post the path in here. :D

Found it. In Hyperdrive Tweaks App <Statusbar> scroll down to <Statusbar Icons> it is the <Enable Lock Button>. I had to check it and then uncheck it and the lock went away.

Reactions: darkcyber
Upvote 0
I'm not sure why he put that in the ROM, if you touch it, it will lock your screen. Basically the same as turning off your screen (depending on how you have your phone set up). You can get rid of it using the HD Tweaks app. Well, it was an option on previous HD realeases, I did a quick scan and I'm not seeing it. It may be buried in one of the sub menus. If I find it or you find, post the path in here. :D

Found it. In Hyperdrive Tweaks App <Statusbar> scroll down to <Statusbar Icons> it is the <Enable Lock Button>. I had to check it and then uncheck it and the lock went away.

Yep, that did it. I had to check and then uncheck it as well to get it to work. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I got the notification on my phone that there is a new version but I didn't upgrade, for me the hyperdrive 6.10 has worked great!! and I didn't want to mess with it because it works well.......... Also, am a NOVICE at this!! and cannot believe I rooted, and put a custom rom on my t-mobile note 3 not 1 problem!!! and didn't mess up my phone!! I am going to look for another cheap note 3 to experiment with so I don't mess up my current note by adding mods... anyone have a cheap note 3 t-mobile I am looking,.. thanks also, isn't this upgrade only for verizon note 3s?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones