• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] [JB 4.2] XenonHD Stable-11.1 (7/3/13)

Odd that I have no duplicates... and I dirty flashed.

Apollo is just plain ticking me off. I only have ONE song on my phone and everything else is in the cloud. Every time I hit my BT headset control, Apollo takes over and plays that ONE song... instead of Google Play Music streaming me my hundreds of songs.

Thank HEAVEN for Titanium Backup! I froze Apollo. Now Google Play Music can do its thing. All is well in the world... I think :p

Reactions: NSutherl
Upvote 0
Odd that I have no duplicates... and I dirty flashed.

Apollo is just plain ticking me off. I only have ONE song on my phone and everything else is in the cloud. Every time I hit my BT headset control, Apollo takes over and plays that ONE song... instead of Google Play Music streaming me my hundreds of songs.

Thank HEAVEN for Titanium Backup! I froze Apollo. Now Google Play Music can do its thing. All is well in the world... I think :p

I had the same problem. Since it's considered a system app, I disabled Apollo in the system apps settings and then all the music controls and lockscreen stuff worked for Google Music.

Upvote 0
Mods!!
  • 1. (zip) Messaging, Gmail, People app, Playstore in black/holo theme colors
  • 2. (zip) The original Jellybean boot animation (looks like my avatar picture)
  • 3. (apk) Black dropbox (before install, uninstall playstore dropbox)
  • 4. (apk) Black holo Google Calendar (awesome scrollable widget btw)
  • 5. (zip) Androidbeam live wallpaper in ics blue (will replace your phasebeam lwp)

Link to my dropbox. Includes flashable zips and/or .apk to further customize your experience on Xenon HD. I currently use all of these mods and all work perfect. Tested on previous build as well as the v4.0 build that released on 7/23/12

>>>http://db.tt/jhgPqiZT

Happy flashing :)

About to test a Pandora app/widget mod. If its good its gonna be in my Dropbox available to you, come sunrise

Is there a trick to installing the black calendar?

Upvote 0
So I'm still on ice cream sandwich guys for a variety of different reasons. Is this the rom to flash? I know there are others but read good things about this and also the eos rom. Thoughts?

I've tried several different JB ROM and was never completely happy until I flashed this ROM last week. I personally think this is the fastest, most stable JB ROM out right now.

Upvote 0
Whattup with the incognito option on the browser? Does that open a single browser window (session) that's incognito or does it switch all actively open windows to that mode? And if the latter of the two, how would one reverse this?

It just opens a new incognito tab just like when using chrome on the PC. It does not switch all the previously opened tabs.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
Whattup with the incognito option on the browser? Does that open a single browser window (session) that's incognito or does it switch all actively open windows to that mode? And if the latter of the two, how would one reverse this?

It keeps whatever "normal" tabs you have open. When you click "New Incognito Tab, it opens a new set of tabs in parallel to the ones you already have open. When you click the show all tabs button, you'll see the column of "normal" tabs open on the left, and the column of incognito tabs open on the right.

EDIT: This is assuming Chrome Browser. I don't use the stock ICS/JB browser.

Reactions: iowabowtech
Upvote 0
Go into system/app and rename the original calendar something like calendar.apk.bak

Then paste (in System/App) the blackcalendar.apk and rename this one to calendar.apk

--leave CalendarProviderGoogle.apk alone

And voila

Can you post a screen shot of the black calendar? Thanks for posting all those mods by the way. You know what they say...Once you go black..ah nevermind.

Upvote 0
EDIT: This is assuming Chrome Browser. I don't use the stock ICS/JB browser.

Stock browser
a6f986de-e936-cad6.jpg

Reactions: NSutherl
Upvote 0
Yeah he/they added some super cool new features into xenon. Some so minor but you'll notice them as you run the ROM. The browser features are great and also include a long press of the back soft key to bring up history while in browser. Some others that I love are gestures in the native SMS app. Along with lower volume notification tones when in the app and text received. Another are the transitions are different and consistent across the board. A lot more I can't think of but its good stuff :)

Upvote 0
Yeah he/they added some super cool new features into xenon. Some so minor but you'll notice them as you run the ROM. The browser features are great and also include a long press of the back soft key to bring up history while in browser. Some others that I love are gestures in the native SMS app. Along with lower volume notification tones when in the app and text received. Another are the transitions are different and consistent across the board. A lot more I can't think of but its good stuff :)

What are the SMS gestures?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones