1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] [ROM] JBSOURCERY V1.0 PreRelease [JB4.1.1][8/09/12]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tdevaughn, Aug 9, 2012.

1. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

JBSourcery Version 1.0 PreRelease
    For the Galaxy Nexus LTE on Verizon

[​IMG]

We are on Github
    https://github.com/TeamSourcery

Credits are given on Githuband at
    http://teamsourcery.com/ICSourcery/c...-credits.htmll

Please visit both to see all the great people involved in helping us make this great rom.

JBSourcery is the most Theme able ROM available.

Website.
    ….Team Sourcery…. | The Creators of the most customizable Roms on earth!

Forums
    Team Sourcery Forum • Index page

and Bug tracker... Please submit all feature requests and bugs here for better tracking.
    Issues - teamsourcery - JBSourcery Bug Tracker - Google Project Hosting

PLEASE PUT REQUESTS AND BUGS HERE AS IT MAKES IT EASIER FOR US TO TRACK

We are aware of some positioning on the lock screens an theming work that needs cleaning up.

If system ui closes when using tools say ok and wait 5 seconds. If it doesn't come back just reboot.

Features

To set auto Push messages and Rom updates notifications goto those sections and choose menu at top right.

Official Team Sourcery Downloads

You must flash Gapps with this.. any gapps should do as long as they are current!

We thank you for trying JBSourcery Version 1.0 PreRelease We hope you enjoy

Lets Rock
    Donate to team Sourcery​

VoidedSaint and iowabowtech like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

GREAT to see you here. Downloading as I type this.

Edit: any specific Gapps recommended?

3. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

anything that is current should work. Ive been using the 7/26 version without issue

iowabowtech likes this.
  4. iowabowtech

Wow. How in the h-e double hockey sticks have I not tried this rom before? You guys weren't messing about the customization. Never seen this many options before. I'm just getting into it all but clearly you have some graphic design experts on the team.

Anyhow, here's a few items I've noticed so far. Will be digging in further soon:

a.) Fast charge toggle not working or at least it's not lighting up. Thanks for this idea though, was just mentioning earlier today in a thread that we need this to swap between fast charge/data transfer.

b.) After changing nav button colors to stock blue w/ reflections, some of the icons in the JB Control Center Menu > Nav bar options show up white and others show up to the newly selected blue. Screenshot included.

[​IMG]

Looking forward to giving this one a full spin. Great job, this is impressive!!

5. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

Thx for the feedback. will look into that. very odd.. not noticed it before

6. iowabowtech

I threw on lean kernel and not sure if it was that or simply the reboot that accompanied the flash but the fast charge toggle is now working fine. The white/blue icon thing remains however. Sorry, should have tried a reboot before posting.

7. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

That makes sense.. I dont think stock kernel has fast charge capability. you have us stumped on the mix of blue and white on the screenshot. will let eagle look tonight when he gets home lol

8. iowabowtech

Cool. I don't know where all my cohorts are tonight but y'all need to be tryin this rom. :smokingsomb:

9. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

It's great as expected. No problems to report so far.

tdevaughn and iowabowtech like this.
  10. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

fyi, more pulldown mods will be added later tonight..

iowabowtech likes this.
  11. iowabowtech

Probably missing a simple setting here but I'm trying to add the brightness slider above the toggles. I noticed at Sourcery Tools > Status Bar > Stock 3.0 png's, it shows the brightness slider but it doesn't add it for me. Also, brightness isn't an option I can find on the toggles selections.

However, when I did select the stock 3.0 png's, it added a custom, Sourcery wallpaper instead?

12. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

The brightness slider is activated by long pressing the notification bar.
    It doesn't work if auto brightness is on.

iowabowtech likes this.
  13. eagle1967

eagle1967 Well-Known Member

when pushing things to system ui like the stat bar options. it at times resets to stock wallpaper. there is nothing we can do about this.

will look into the not changing the icon. on nav keys something mucst of changed between ics and here we didnt realize.

the previews in tools were taken at all different times some when we had the slider brightness bar. not sure if it will come back as we have slide across status bar now. But it may. we are trying to put out things as we feel things are stable enough rather than wait 2 months without putting out a jelly bean rom. we aren't even where we call it official 1.0 yet as it still does not meet our standards.

Please file all requests at the bug request link posted in op so we can track or answer them .

fast charge doesn't work on stock kernel that is currently n the rom. we are continuing to try to bring a kernel developer aboard as we just dont have time to delve into it.

This rom is far from complete. :)

VoidedSaint and iowabowtech like this.
  14. iowabowtech

Love the long press of the notification bar for brightness control. I just hadn't figured it out yet. :eek:

This rom is outstanding. The level of detail, the custom menus, the interactive shells to commit changes from within the rom. I'm surprised that hasn't been more widely adopted. I can't imagine the effort that went into this one let alone the testing that would be necessary to qualify all the custom options. It really is a new experience for me anyway. This rom is the reason I bought a gnexus.

15. ddemlong

ddemlong Well-Known Member

running like a champ

16. VoidedSaint

VoidedSaint Resident Ninja

can someone provide a mirror? my company has most websites blocked, and teamsourcery is one of them :( until i get my KVM switch in here i am stuck with having to look at odd stuff. someone help me out? :)

17. iowabowtech

I'll hit you up shortly.

VoidedSaint likes this.
  18. VoidedSaint

thanks champ :)

19. VoidedSaint

i have a bug to report:

once you go into Sourcery Tools, and you change the "dots" the phone will go into a bootloop, i let it sit for 10 minutes, and still looped.

maybe a simple fix?

20. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

which dots were you loading.. i tried a few without issue.

Could it have been the red diamond? it seems to be loopin my boots too :)

21. VoidedSaint

It was the red triangles, I dunno what it is about them lol

jbdan likes this.
  22. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

very odd.. i looped on them ...then dirty flashed and looped on a few more..
    started fresh and did a new install and all of them work now. This one has me puzzled

will keep watching to see if anyone else has issues.

23. VoidedSaint

Cool good luck, and yeah once I did a fresh install it worked out fine. So it is probably just an issue with the file, also on some of the mods in the sorcery tools app, you have to manually reboot, I figured it would reboot on its own like the others

jbdan likes this.
  24. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

which ones.. been going thru all the fonts killing some that seem to not like JB...

will help me narrow my search for other mods not behaving as expected

25. VoidedSaint

I believe it was the soft key mods , mainly the last 1.

Also a few of the status bar mods
    And that was about it

jbdan likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews