• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

factory reset to wipe

to totally remove whats on your sdcard.... manually delete whats in data/media that will wipe everything from your sdcard, roms/music/pictures/data etc.....

after deleting the data, copy the rom/gapps of choice and install.

Thanks for the info.

For now, I did the factory reset, wiped data, cache, and dalvik cache and then installed JBS 4.5 and all is well. Looks like my file structure is OK. If something goes goofy, then I'm wiping the whole sdcard...I have nothing on it now of any value...so would be a good time for a clean slate wipe...lol!

Upvote 0
4.4 ran really well but would get sluggish from time to time when RAM got low. 4.5 seems to perform better when RAM is low. Just an observation but it seems memory/task management is improved with this build.

You left out the most important point. It's so much fun to use!! :)

Reactions: UBRocked
Upvote 0
I love the JB Sourcery ROM. But one thing I have noticed on 4.4 and 4.5 (I guess 4.2.1 in general) is my battery gets chewed up pretty quick. After about 12 hours I'm down to the 30-40% range. I know most of you will say that is good, but when I was 4.1 ROM's I was easily still above 50-60%, a lot of times above 70% after 12 hours. This of course with light - moderate use.

I'm hitting deep sleep OK now...at least above 80% most of the time, but still not as good as on 4.1.

Is there just something in the 4.2 ROM's that pull the battery down quicker?

Upvote 0
I love the JB Sourcery ROM. But one thing I have noticed on 4.4 and 4.5 (I guess 4.2.1 in general) is my battery gets chewed up pretty quick. After about 12 hours I'm down to the 30-40% range. I know most of you will say that is good, but when I was 4.1 ROM's I was easily still above 50-60%, a lot of times above 70% after 12 hours. This of course with light - moderate use.

I'm hitting deep sleep OK now...at least above 80% most of the time, but still not as good as on 4.1.

Is there just something in the 4.2 ROM's that pull the battery down quicker?
the google now cards... they are a drain... always running in the background

Upvote 0
Sourcery keeps getting better and better! Once again, kudos for the awesome work! Any chance we'll ever see Sourcery on any other Nexus device? My Nexus 7 is VERY jealous of my ole G-Nexus!

My N7 is looking sweeet :) IRC is the place to be.. the person porting it drops links when he has new versions ready to test .... Good things happen to those who wait :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones