• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Eagle, T-Dev, all the others on Team Sourcery:

Is there no way to turn that stupid 4.2 Deskclock blue? Even in night time screen saver mode, that glaring white is really annoying. It's bad enough to have the stupidly thick HOUR and little thin minutes (I have always despised that, can you tell?), but to have it blind me at night too just seals the deal on my loathing it.

In previous builds I just replaced the 4.2 Deskclock with the 4.1 apk in the System/app folder and that works brilliantly. I'm trying desperately to get used to it, though, because I know that the 4.1 apk won't work forever and progress never sleeps.

But is there any way that your team can develop color options for the Deskclock? Or is that a sealed-up, done deal apk that Google doesn't want you tinkering with?

Upvote 0
1 word....

Dashclock

So you're saying to leave my phone on the DashClock login screen? Great idea, but I charge my phone overnight on a Capta so it's sitting at an angle... not just lying on the night stand.

And it has to sit on its left side, horizontally, so the power cable will plug in the bottom. And the login screen won't invert 180 degrees, so I can't invert the phone... even if I have 180-degree rotation selected.

Here's a pic of my setup for better understanding:

NexusOnCapta.jpg

See what I mean? :)

Upvote 0
Only thing that I can't get to play nice, is I was hoping I could get one of the sets of status bar icons, to play nicely with one of the battery ones. I love the Cobalt by dustin17 icons, but kinda like the old school Honeycomb circle battery. Somehow on 5.0 I hit a combination of various attempts that somehow kept it, but I can't seem to finagle my way into getting it to stick. Minor gripe, I know lol. Other than that, loving it! Still issue-less on it, as I start my way to day 2 on 5.1!

Upvote 0
Only thing that I can't get to play nice, is I was hoping I could get one of the sets of status bar icons, to play nicely with one of the battery ones. I love the Cobalt by dustin17 icons, but kinda like the old school Honeycomb circle battery. Somehow on 5.0 I hit a combination of various attempts that somehow kept it, but I can't seem to finagle my way into getting it to stick. Minor gripe, I know lol. Other than that, loving it! Still issue-less on it, as I start my way to day 2 on 5.1!

Did you turn on battery mods? Running the cobalt status bar and honeycomb battery here

Upvote 0
all i see is inverted, i dont really want inverted kinda like the stock(green icon) with the themeable settings...but idk what im talking about b/c i see a mms apk on xda that someone pulled from pacman rom but im using one from an earlier jbs rom lol

You can don't he inverted MMS and then change all the colors to what you want. It allows total customization inside the app.

Upvote 0
Here is an issue I have with 5.0. I like to zipalign and fix permissions after I have everything set up and ready to use, however this seems to cause Google search to force close as son as the search/go button is pressed. The search works before I zipalign and fix permissions. It doesn't matter how I access the search in either case. The only other thing that mighty be causing this is using titanium backup to integrate updates of system apps into rom.

I'll try to get a log cat and use the bug tracker as well.

Upvote 0
Another item I just noticed is that the GPS on/off toggle in the toggles is a little buggy. It doesn't always recognize the selection. Also, if you add the "power" widget, the GPS on/off is also inconsistent. Just thought it would be worth letting you know my experience with that.

EDIT: 3-11-2013
I contemplated that the problem wasn't the ROM or other apps, but rather the new radios. Soooo, I reverted to 411 radios and voila, all the GPS selection issues are history. Anyway, hope this helps someone else if they had the same problem. Its most likely the new radios.

Upvote 0
The GPS has locked immediately every time so far. The battery life is also excellent. Had one re boot. Anyone try a different 4.22 kernel?

I'm using GlaDOS, which I've used for some time.

I'm having trouble with screen-off after a call, making it harder to hang-up, but maybe that's my kernel, for which I have touch-to-wake enabled.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones