• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Clean flashed 5.1 this morning. I let everything reinstall from the market... Now setting everything back up, I'm seeing the following error keep popping up.

"Unfortunately, the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."

I hit Ok and everything is fine. Getting a little annoying. Anyone know how to make it stop?

I've rebooted a few times to no avail.

Upvote 0
Hate to be a nag, but I'm having a real problem getting Maps to lock a GPS signal. I think the program's failure to lock on is causing my battery to abnormally drain. I can get GPS to lock using GPS Test, but not Maps. I'm on 5.0 with the standard gaaps.

BTW, what exactly is the wake lock bug y'all been talking about? Does this have to do with GPS? Think it would help if I upgraded to 5.1?

Said it before, I'll say it again - So many questions, so little time...

Upvote 0
While we're overloading T-Dev with questions:

Is there a way to put the pie controls a little farther up? I currently have it centered on the right side (I'm right-handed) and every time I hit the letter "p" on my virtual keyboard the pie controls come up. It's a fight to get "p" typed! Perhaps in 5.3 (?) there can be options to put the controls top, bottom, left, right, upper left, upper right, lower left, lower, right... basically centered about anywhere around the edge of the screen.

Just curious...

Upvote 0
Hate to be a nag, but I'm having a real problem getting Maps to lock a GPS signal. I think the program's failure to lock on is causing my battery to abnormally drain. I can get GPS to lock using GPS Test, but not Maps. I'm on 5.0 with the standard gaaps.

BTW, what exactly is the wake lock bug y'all been talking about? Does this have to do with GPS? Think it would help if I upgraded to 5.1?

Said it before, I'll say it again - So many questions, so little time...
5.1 should be better for gps lock.

Upvote 0

Is there a way to put the pie controls a little farther up? I currently have it centered on the right side (I'm right-handed) and every time I hit the letter "p" on my virtual keyboard the pie controls come up. It's a fight to get "p" typed! Perhaps in 5.3 (?) there can be options to put the controls top, bottom, left, right, upper left, upper right, lower left, lower, right... basically centered about anywhere around the edge of the screen.

Just curious...
will ask the feathered one....

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
I'm using GlaDOS, which I've used for some time.

I'm having trouble with screen-off after a call, making it harder to hang-up, but maybe that's my kernel, for which I have touch-to-wake enabled.

Ok, thanks. I actually had two More re boots today when texting. My google talk video chat doesn't work on this version either, that might be gapps though (who knows). I never dirty flash. Might give the new xenon that came out today a try.

Upvote 0

Just curious...

This is why I stopped using the pie feature. It's like Google didn't test it before release.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

I recently did a clean flash of jbSourcery 5.1 after being on 4.5 and followed the Chief's guide on flashing a ROM and for some reason, I have no service. It's only after several reboots that it seems to work and then I lose service again. The message I get is to Restart the phone as there is no SIM card inserted.

I tried going through several pages of the forum to see if anybody had the same problem but couldn't find anything.

Any advice?

Thanks,

roshchan

Upvote 0
Toro gnex sourcery 5.1 non inverted gapps w/o photosphere: Not sure if its just me, however when i add>widgets>photo Gallery > chose an image my phone locks up when image Is cropping. This results in my launcher (both apex and Nova) crashing. Problem occurred on 5.0 also o.o was fine before.

Also : tested on my nexus 10 running AOKP build 5(would love to run sourcery) it works, which leads me to infer its not a 4.2.2 bug.

Upvote 0
This is why I stopped using the pie feature. It's like Google didn't test it before release.
Just a little FYI, Google implemented pie control in the AOSP browser as an option for navigation specifically for that app.

Pie control for navigating ones phone was started by a Dev on XDA with an app called LMT Launcher. This app has all the settings needed to place the pie where you want and managed the width and height of the hotspot. I don't use this ROM so I am not familiar with the options available to users of this ROM. However, if you use LMT Launchers app, I can guarantee you'll get all the functionality you are looking for.

jmar

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
So you're saying to leave my phone on the DashClock login screen? Great idea, but I charge my phone overnight on a Capta so it's sitting at an angle... not just lying on the night stand.

And it has to sit on its left side, horizontally, so the power cable will plug in the bottom. And the login screen won't invert 180 degrees, so I can't invert the phone... even if I have 180-degree rotation selected.

Here's a pic of my setup for better understanding:

View attachment 50713

See what I mean? :)

I too can't stand the white text on the clock... I just compiled the DeskClock.apk and changed the color filter to red... I haven't tried it, but it works in my emulator. It is odexed though... (see attached)

If it works for you, I can probably change the color and de-odex it if you like. Colors are AARRGGBB format, and AA seems to be the alpha, or opacity, then red, green, blue. Just specify the color and I'll build it... I am not able to add preference settings for stuff like this yet though...

btw... I'm editing:
platform/packages/apps/DeskClock/src/com/android/deskclock/Utils.java
line 389

Attachments

• redDeskClock.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
Just a little FYI, Google implemented pie control in the AOSP browser as an option for navigation specifically for that app.

Pie control for navigating ones phone was started by a Dev on XDA with an app called LMT Launcher. This app has all the settings needed to place the pie where you want and managed the width and height of the hotspot. I don't use this ROM so I am not familiar with the options available to users of this ROM. However, if you use LMT Launchers app, I can guarantee you'll get all the functionality you are looking for.

jmar

the adjustments are useless, tried every one. the new pie feature blows. glad you like it, but if you read through threads on xda and rootz, you'll find you're in the minority.

fyi, the browser pie works great.

Upvote 0
the adjustments are useless, tried every one. the new pie feature blows. glad you like it, but if you read through threads on xda and rootz, you'll find you're in the minority.

fyi, the browser pie works great.

Are you saying that the adjustments don't take? Like, if you change the values for height and width that those adjustments don't register? And are you referring to adjustments made in the LMT Launcher app or adjustments made in pie control settings within the Sourcery ROM? When I make value adjustments and restart the service so that those values are saved, I see the changes.

FWIW, I have been using LMT Launcher for pie controls since it debuted and have had a GNex since launch day. I went through the days when it was a buggy app and have seen its options, customizations and functionality improve over that timespan.

While it may not be usable for you, your comment comes across a bit harsh. The Dev of the app LMT Launcher is a wonderful example of a Dev who cares about his users. He has proven that he is willing and able to take feedback and better his app for his users.

Again, I don't use Sourcery and would have to research to see if its pie controls are an implementation of LMT Launcher or proprietary. But let's not blame Google nor bash Devs.

Sorry that it doesn't fit your needs.

Hope that helps.

jmar

Upvote 0
@dhworph: WOW, awesome! If you can create a Deskclock in that familiar ICS/JB teal blue we all know & love so much, I would be eternally grateful to you.

Well, maybe not ETERNALLY but for an extremely long time :D

your wish, my command... lol, here it is...

Let me know if it works, As I've only tested it in the emulator. It's hard to tell how closely the color is matched comparing my laptop screen to my phone...

Should probably overwrite current deskclock with it. But of course *** backup***!!! I take no responsibility for bricks! :D

Should be able to just rename Your current DeskClock.apk in /system/app to DeskClock.apk-bak or so and then paste in the apk and odex I have attached here, and probably need to change permissions to rw-r-r.

Note: that this was build for an emulator... does that mean it won't work on a phone? I have no idea. If it doesn't work, I can re-compile it for toro to see if that helps. Let me know.

===

I was playing around with adding a settings option to it, but that will take me some work as I have to add a dialog popup... I'm sure a skilled android programmer could do that in 30 seconds though... any takers? I was just thinking a popup where you enter the color in a text box in hex: #AARRGGBB... with a set of written instructions on what the hex means. Of course, it would be sweet to have a color wheel/swatch dialog though.

I got far enough to where the color filter was replaced by a public variable, and added a settings option... just gotta make the popup dialog that will set the variable.

Attachments

• holoNightDeskClock.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones