• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Okay devs, I clean flashed 5.2 and Zebra Gapps. Google Now f/c every single time I try it. So what do I do? Go into Recovery, wipe cache & Dalvik, and re-flash Zebra only?

:thinking:

did you reboot between rom install and zerbra install?

also apprently they updated zebra after releaes so i did not get to test those.

i know search is working fine with the regular gapps.

try going to system app and dlete the google search than install from market

Upvote 0
Okay, looks like it's fixed. Here's what I did to fix it:

1. Go into Root Explorer, navigate to /system --> app
2. Mount R/W
3. Rename GoogleNow.apk to GoogleNow.apk.old (or delete it)
4. Mount R/O
5. Reboot the phone
6. Go into Play, search for Google Search and UPDATE
7. Profit

Google Now works great now, like nothing ever happened :)

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have been saving the settings each time. All the other long press actions work for me except for the camera.

I got the same thing when I tried it to test. However, try going to "custom app/shortcut" when assigning the long press, choose Applications, and select the camera from there. Just did that, works fine for me.

Reactions: noahdr
Upvote 0
What exactly is going on with this update??? I got the ROM, but can't even begin to download the standard GAPPS or the ZEBRA GAPPS, with the thread at JBSourcery appearing to have gone dead a while ago.

No sooner than I posted the GAPPS magically showed up for download...

Found your post at the end of the Verizon thread. Not sure how you figure it's "dead in the water", since 5.2 was posted right to the first page in that thread. Cant' go by the original post dates, since they update the first page when they update the ROM, but the rest of the posts in the thread don't change, so yes, it says the post was on Jan 8th, but it was just updated yesterday. When I downloaded it at work this afternoon, the ROM and both sets of gapps were there as well. I know that when the 5.1.9 was out, there was a push notification that said welcome to 5.2, probably was released when they thought 5.2 was ready, but it got held up and they went to 5.1.9.2 or whatever it was for a week, so the posts at the last page were reflective of that fact; people seeing the initial 5.2 notice before it was actually let out.

As far as ROMS go, I can't speak to other ones out there, but the activity of the Sourcery team is FAR from dead in the water.

Upvote 0
Found your post at the end of the Verizon thread. Not sure how you figure it's "dead in the water", since 5.2 was posted right to the first page in that thread. Cant' go by the original post dates, since they update the first page when they update the ROM, but the rest of the posts in the thread don't change, so yes, it says the post was on Jan 8th, but it was just updated yesterday. When I downloaded it at work this afternoon, the ROM and both sets of gapps were there as well. I know that when the 5.1.9 was out, there was a push notification that said welcome to 5.2, probably was released when they thought 5.2 was ready, but it got held up and they went to 5.1.9.2 or whatever it was for a week, so the posts at the last page were reflective of that fact; people seeing the initial 5.2 notice before it was actually let out.

As far as ROMS go, I can't speak to other ones out there, but the activity of the Sourcery team is FAR from dead in the water.

this is the second dead in the water post i am seeing. i was at work for last 11 hours got home went to page and all seems to be working.
850 downloads of rom since i went to work so apparently it has been working at least most of the time. i guess its possible 500 tried all at same time that could hurt the server i guess.

Upvote 0
Can't figure this out...

I installed Zebra GApps per instructions, including the reboot into JBS before installing. They seem to work fine so far, except for the fact I can't find my calendar.

I don't see "Calendar" listed under apps, and when I set "Today" or "Event" as a nav bar shortcut it crashes the system UI.

I tried reinstalling from Zebra, tried uninstalling and then reinstalling, no dice. When I look under sync settings, it says it's syncing, I just can't seem to get into it.

Dumb question -- am I supposed to install standard GApps first??? Otherwise, any other thoughts on how I get my calendar back?

Ditto for the calculator -- can't find it...

Upvote 0
While the rom seems to run smooth as always, now I am also seeing a few random reboots today with the new 5.2 build... not to mention some pretty bad battery life. I have no idea why I'm having all of these issues. I am running the device just as i was on the previous build and i did not have any of these. So far i have flashed two different times to see if I could get better results (both were clean wipes with the standard GAPPS). Anyone else seeing any of the same? If not, i will shut up and maybe just try my old nandroid. Thanks.

Upvote 0
How do I change the dialing keypad that comes in 5.2? I do not like the stock one that comes in it.

Settings --> JBSourcery Tools --> Dial Pad

And pick one. There are DOZENS of options to choose from. Stock and Inverted are as close to the original as I think you'll find :)

Reactions: darkcyber
Upvote 0
While the rom seems to run smooth as always, now I am also seeing a few random reboots today with the new 5.2 build... not to mention some pretty bad battery life. I have no idea why I'm having all of these issues. I am running the device just as i was on the previous build and i did not have any of these. So far i have flashed two different times to see if I could get better results (both were clean wipes with the standard GAPPS). Anyone else seeing any of the same? If not, i will shut up and maybe just try my old nandroid. Thanks.

Very strange. Haven't had a single one myself. Wiping all 4 parts before install? (System, Cache, Dalvik Cache, and Factory Reset?)? I'd say maybe one more flash, don't install any apps, just load up your Google account, and see if it stays stable? Also, are you restoring apps with Titanium or anything? I didn't have any issues myself, but I know some people have random issues when restoring apps & data through it (I think it's more if wipes aren't fully clean when done). Just trying to narrow out things.

Upvote 0
Very strange. Haven't had a single one myself. Wiping all 4 parts before install? (System, Cache, Dalvik Cache, and Factory Reset?)? I'd say maybe one more flash, don't install any apps, just load up your Google account, and see if it stays stable? Also, are you restoring apps with Titanium or anything? I didn't have any issues myself, but I know some people have random issues when restoring apps & data through it (I think it's more if wipes aren't fully clean when done). Just trying to narrow out things.

Yep, completely clean install. No app reloading via titanium. I didn't use titanium at all this last go round. It's been stable since my last post, but the battery life is still pretty bad. Anyone flash any other kernels with this rom version yet?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones