• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Alright. Figures the new phone would get here just as I have to leave for work. Ugh. Guess I'll be loading from my desk later. After I find a charger that works now lol. The others be all burnt up! anyway, looking forward to my good ol JBS 5.2 again!

EDIT: Never thought I would miss all the features until now! And my work PC is locked down, I can't install anything, which means another 6 agonizing hours until I can get home and get my ROM on... Just wanted to props out to JBS again, for SO many amazing features to have! It's killing me to miss some of those!

Upvote 0
Woot! Back on 5.2 again. I'm hoping tomorrow I can recover some off my old phone before trying to nuke it back before sending it back. Might try the last nandroid I made before 5.2, just to save some app data I had, and texts and whatnot, and then reflash back up to 5.2 after. Just depends on how easy it'll be to copy the file over, since it's not exactly tiny, and I don't know how long the battery can hold out lol. But, we'll see!

Upvote 0
Are you using the same battery for both devices?

Seems simple to me, charge it on the new phone and run it down in the old one while you back it up with TIBU and copy files over wireless ADB (or whatever).

You'd might want to uncheck system apps in TIBU prefs and backup to an update.zip first.

Personally, I would think once you figure out how long thats going to take, you'll just copy over the pictures and wipe it. :D

Upvote 0
Alright. Figures the new phone would get here just as I have to leave for work. Ugh. Guess I'll be loading from my desk later. After I find a charger that works now lol. The others be all burnt up! anyway, looking forward to my good ol JBS 5.2 again!

EDIT: Never thought I would miss all the features until now! And my work PC is locked down, I can't install anything, which means another 6 agonizing hours until I can get home and get my ROM on... Just wanted to props out to JBS again, for SO many amazing features to have! It's killing me to miss some of those!

So, where do you work again? :secruity: I purposely haven't installed the drivers on any of my computers at work . . . . . I'd be plugged in all the time.

Upvote 0
Are you using the same battery for both devices?

Seems simple to me, charge it on the new phone and run it down in the old one while you back it up with TIBU and copy files over wireless ADB (or whatever).

You'd might want to uncheck system apps in TIBU prefs and backup to an update.zip first.

Personally, I would think once you figure out how long thats going to take, you'll just copy over the pictures and wipe it. :D

I charged last night, put the battery in the old one this morning and currently in the process of dropboxing a few pictures to save. Then I'll look into saving whatever I can over after that. I'm on vacation until the 13th as of last night, so I've got time to kill. Granted, after I got my phone set back up last night, I really don't think I have a pressing need to try to save much over. Settings are pretty much where I had them, so it's just a few apps and info in them that I'd really be getting. And nothing vital, so I might skip that, and go straight into trying to restore the sucker with wireless ADB.

So, where do you work again? :secruity: I purposely haven't installed the drivers on any of my computers at work . . . . . I'd be plugged in all the time.

I work for a telecommunications company as a programmer. The lock-down on the computers is...weird. Some seem more prone to being useful than others. But on mine, they have C: locked down so you can't install anything. I bypassed that by installing wugs to the desktop, but then I don't have permission to run it. Really? lol. I probably could've put it on a thumb drive and managed, but at that point I was halfway through my day. Don't get me wrong, for 8 hours a day, I sit there plugged into Pandora while I work, so it's not too awful.

Upvote 0
I work for a telecommunications company as a programmer. The lock-down on the computers is...weird. Some seem more prone to being useful than others. But on mine, they have C: locked down so you can't install anything. I bypassed that by installing wugs to the desktop, but then I don't have permission to run it. Really? lol. I probably could've put it on a thumb drive and managed, but at that point I was halfway through my day.

Being a domain admin has it's advantages.... Think of it as God-mode. :D

ES File Explorer might also do what you want it to do via Bluetooth or Wireless.

Upvote 0
Just fyi, guys, our policy over at sourcery has changed. There are no more experimental roms. We were finding that too many people were trying it out, discovering flaws and flashing back to whatever they were on before, rather than sharing the info in a manner that the developer could work with.

Therefore, the developer has initiated a special signup for beta tester. The requirements are located in the link below. We are looking for beta testers who will be able to send logcats to the developer, who will be committed to helping out with the process, rather than just trying it out.

The public will still be able to test release candidates, as they become available. Let me tell you, this new stuff is great. I want to encourage folks to be beta testers, if they are able to logcat and have the desire to try the new stuffs.

More infos... Link

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
Good idea, guys! I always wait for the official release because I feel more comfortable leaving the testing to more-qualified users. Don't know about you, but I get tired of people who have a complaint about something and do nothing to help solve the problem. It's real easy to just go backwards to what works. Problem there is that no progress comes out of the situation!

We'd all still be talking on those shoebox phones from the 80's if that was the case!

Bet you can't unlock and root those things, can you?

Upvote 0
Need help - fairly new to rooting but I successfully flashed 5.2 to Ver GNex plus flashed a couple of recommended mods, working beatifully - THEN I respondeded to a notice that new JBean theme color app was available, flashed & my phone is now locked up with message that 'System UI has stopped' & 'Calender has stopped'. I can see my launcher behind the message but don't know how to fix this - think the color theme might have been for 5.1, not 5.2, not sure what casued this but really appreciate any advice to get my phone back - Thx

Upvote 0
Hi Texas and welcome to Android Forums! :)

Did you make a nandroid backup before trying to theme it? Highly recommended ;)

I assume not: someone who themes may have a solution but worst case you might need to wipe the phone and re-flash the ROM and Gapps & start over. Take you about an hour to get back running again.

EDIT: If you haven't wiped the phone, don't. Read the post below and try dirty flashing the ROM & Gapps.

Reactions: TexasNexus1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones