• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Anyone able to use the streaming play music with the black majic gapps?

I keep hitting the try it now button, but it doesn't do anything.

Are you talking any streaming from Play Music? Or only on the new premium whatever it's called? I know I can stream my regular Play library fine with Black gapps. But I didn't do the try it on the play store. I might in a few minutes tho :p

EDIT: Ah, yeah, the Try it Now button when it asks about All Access doesn't seem to do anything. I tried it with Black toggled both ways, and got nuttin. I figure I'd just subscribe from my PC, and do it that way. Dunno if you can do it through the browser directly, but if you don't have PC access, it might be something to try.

Upvote 0
I don't know if my Nexus is just charmed or not, but I have Play Music All Access and listen to it every day on my phone. I simply don't have that issue.

Have you tried wiping the app data / cache and logging back in?

Yeah, didn't help at all. Strange, but like I said, I can do it on the PC so for ME, it's not a big thing. Especially being as I wouldn't have even noticed lol.

Upvote 0
FIXED in ENCORE Version (This is the final Version of Sourcery)

1)fixed white on white in mms and people with white magic
2)improvements to status bar text sizing
3)black magic (Slim TRDS) updated to version 2
4)switched to koush super user(Jboyer wanted it i guess)
5)added option for lock screen circle flashlight setting in lockscreen
6)reverted dpi to old way-this fixes some apps being oversized cutting off options and such.
7)more blue tooth adjusments
8)various other fixes.

Does anyone have a good MD5 for it? It's not listed, but I have

efd984730055a3783b7f88e49a29b28e

Thanks! :)

Reactions: kinfolk248
Upvote 0
Gonna post here first since this is the rom that I am using.

Wifi will not connect. Clean flashed 5.4 w/ white magic. titainiumed only a couple of games. No mods.

I don't think that this is the same as someone else that had wifi issues on this rom because this started last week when I was on 5.2.

The wifi quit working about mid week, tried to flash 5.3 on saturday to see if that helped but that version never booted properly and my 5.2 nandroid wouldn't restore properly so I went to 5.0. Tried 5.4 and the phone is back to functional in everyway except for wifi.

It says that I'm connected but the wifi icon at the top is grey instead of blue, logging into the router says that the phone is not connected. Tried various security protocol combinations, forget network and delete the the phone from router, new wifi password and wps. Turning off wifi on phone then back on, wifi symbol turns blue for a second then grey again.

Thanks in advance for any help. Xfinity modem/router combo.

Upvote 0
Gonna post here first since this is the rom that I am using.

Wifi will not connect. Clean flashed 5.4 w/ white magic. titainiumed only a couple of games. No mods.

I don't think that this is the same as someone else that had wifi issues on this rom because this started last week when I was on 5.2.

The wifi quit working about mid week, tried to flash 5.3 on saturday to see if that helped but that version never booted properly and my 5.2 nandroid wouldn't restore properly so I went to 5.0. Tried 5.4 and the phone is back to functional in everyway except for wifi.

It says that I'm connected but the wifi icon at the top is grey instead of blue, logging into the router says that the phone is not connected. Tried various security protocol combinations, forget network and delete the the phone from router, new wifi password and wps. Turning off wifi on phone then back on, wifi symbol turns blue for a second then grey again.

Thanks in advance for any help. Xfinity modem/router combo.

Wow! Same thing here exactly. Worked ok for a few days, then started this. Restored 5.4 nandroid I made just after I first flashed it and wi fi now OK again for a while. I think we are getting the signal from the router but the signal from the phone isn't getting to or is not acknowledged by the router so we can't get to the web. Something in the phone Wi Fi script must get changed somehow. IDK enough about it to tell for sure. I really want to stay on Sourcery until at least August when I get my S4.

Upvote 0
Wow! Same thing here exactly. Worked ok for a few days, then started this. Restored 5.4 nandroid I made just after I first flashed it and wi fi now OK again for a while. I think we are getting the signal from the router but the signal from the phone isn't getting to or is not acknowledged by the router so we can't get to the web. Something in the phone Wi Fi script must get changed somehow. IDK enough about it to tell for sure. I really want to stay on Sourcery until at least August when I get my S4.
Check to see if your router is up to date. Also, your router should be named something simple. For example, my router is named "ourconnection," no quotes. I've heard that if your router is named, for example, WE196.EJD or has a space in the name that it can confuse the phone.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

jmar

Upvote 0
Check to see if your router is up to date. Also, your router should be named something simple. For example, my router is named "ourconnection," no quotes. I've heard that if your router is named, for example, WE196.EJD or has a space in the name that it can confuse the phone.

jmar

Yes, thanks. Nexus 7, and 4 other devices have no trouble at all when I boot them up. Nor does Gnex with 5.4 at first but then after a day or two it starts to fail. Using same name always have. All ideas & advice appreciated.

Upvote 0

jmar

Mine is named "JNV".

I forget to say that I've had problems staying connected on this phone for a long time. I switched the security on the router to AES instead of TKIP/AES and that seemed to work. I have a new router now and the standard settings worked for a month and now I just can't get it to work. I forgot to mention that I've tried to manually add my phone to the network both with static IP address and the MAC address and still nothing.

I don't know enough to know how I could be fine on version 5.2 for the entire month and then it just quits and won't come back.

Thanks to the devs for all the great roms they gave us. I'm gonna miss Sourcery!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones