• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

May be a foolish question but is there any way to make the lock screen stay on longer before it times out and blacks out? I only ask because now that we can view our calendar on the lockscreen and it scrolls instead of listing it in the meaty part of the screen, I'd love to be able keep the screen on longer to view what I've got going on today without having to either wiggle the unlock ring or actually unlock and go into calendar. Again, picky on my part. This ROM kicks butt, just me shooting for the Moon. :)

Closest thing to it that I know of is checking "Stay Awake" in the developer options (on the main settings menu near the bottom). This allows the phone to keep the screen on, but only while charging (good for me at the office where my phone stays on charge). Otherwise I'm afraid you'll have to suffer through touching the screen to keep it awake on the lock screen :p.

Random question that doesn't really pertain to this ROM, but I don't want to make a thread for it; is there a good way to backup/restore BT pairings? This is the only thing that annoys me when switching and updating ROMs. I have to re-pair my phone to my car and all my other BT devices every time and sometimes it's a PITA with some of my things. I see the option to backup "Bluetooth pairings" in Titanium, but it doesn't work for me when I restore them (same with WiFi, call log and bookmarks unless I back them up to XML files instead of like normal apps in the backup/restore tab).

TIA. :)

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
That's a JellyBean feature built in. I'm hoping some day that devs will be able to let us customize the targets on it instead of just the stock Google Now target

Sorta can now, go into JB Control Center > Navigation Bar, and you can assign targets for longpressing the keys. I haven't toyed with it TOO much,other than things like making it a shortcut for screenshots, or whatever.

Upvote 0
Sorta can now, go into JB Control Center > Navigation Bar, and you can assign targets for longpressing the keys. I haven't toyed with it TOO much,other than things like making it a shortcut for screenshots, or whatever.

Yeah true, but I was talking about the longpress home key bringing up the semi-circle where Google Now is. If we can get custom targets on that circle (like on the lockscreen), then that'd be sick.

Plus, I'm not even on this ROM but I would not be shocked at all if the Sourcery devs were the first to do this.

Upvote 0
So I've updated to 2.2, but I'm having trouble. Attempting to implement any battery mod causes the SystemUI to crash, making the top bar and navigation bar disappear for a minute or so, and it also resets my wallpaper. This has happened on several tries now. I've grown rather reliant on the Circle Mod and would very much like to have it back.

Upvote 0
So I've updated to 2.2, but I'm having trouble. Attempting to implement any battery mod causes the SystemUI to crash, making the top bar and navigation bar disappear for a minute or so, and it also resets my wallpaper. This has happened on several tries now. I've grown rather reliant on the Circle Mod and would very much like to have it back.

Any chance you're running a theme OR custom status bar icons from tools > icons > status bar? If so, maybe try control center > battery > battery icon style > turn on battery mods.

I was having the same problem while running the Cobalt status bar icons until I did that.

Upvote 0
Wow, do I feel like a dope :eek: Thanks for the help.

Not at all dopey because the other options there also make changes to the battery depending on which status bar mod you have. It got me too. I can get different looking battery indicators by selecting other options inside the battery icon style menu with my status bar mod in play. "Icon with centered text" shows up as a globe with the text in the middle whereas "turn on battery mods" shows up as a cool sort of ring with centered text.

This rom is just one huge realm of discovery. And many of the mods seem to make the control center options behave differently. I think that's why I like it so much. Requires some experimentation.

Upvote 0

This will happen. the mod does take effect though, correct?

THe wallpaper changing is a tradeoff.. the way the mods are implemented it messes with systemui and it updates the wallpaper.

Upvote 0
Yeah true, but I was talking about the longpress home key bringing up the semi-circle where Google Now is. If we can get custom targets on that circle (like on the lockscreen), then that'd be sick.

Plus, I'm not even on this ROM but I would not be shocked at all if the Sourcery devs were the first to do this.

Yeah, kinda figured that was what ya meant, and that would definitely be sweet to have. Honestly, I JUST realized that was there with the 2.2 update (maybe it wasn't there before? I never noticed lol). Anxiously awaiting new stuff!

Upvote 0
For some reason, LeanKernel was draining my battery a TON using it, wasn't really hitting Deep Sleep hardly at all, was still just kicking in the 350 speed mostly, even not using the phone. Then again, I really have no experience with kernels myself, so it could just be user ignorance :) Back on Stock for today and only down to 78% after 5 hours. If anyone has a "how to" guide for kernel usage (in laymans terms preferably), that'd be awesome lol. Not that I'm complaining with stock.

Only other issue I need to figure out, is why Pandora is suddenly seeming to take forever to start playing. On 2.0 it felt instant, now it just waits a while spinning it's wheels.

Upvote 0
This will happen. the mod does take effect though, correct?

THe wallpaper changing is a tradeoff.. the way the mods are implemented it messes with systemui and it updates the wallpaper.
Yeah, the mod did take effect once I remembered to enable it in the Control Center. Dopey move on my part.

By the way, I made a post a while back about possibly modding the Jelly Bean glow dots when one turns on the phone or touches the lockscreen circle; I find myself missing the "pulse" from ICS. I see that we can change the color of the dots (JBSourcery Tools -> Mods -> Lock Screen Glow Dots), but is it or can it be possible to change the dots themselves? Thanks in advance.

Also, the new "staircase" dismiss notifications button in the notifications menu is rather ugly. Is that something that can be modded? I'd love the old X back.

Upvote 0
Does your touchdown calendar synch on your phone? Should be able to select in calendar sources

Yeah it does sync. Not sure why, but I set the days for my google calendar to show 1 week, instead of the default 1 day, and it hasn't shown anything more than one day.

I don't really have to have my calendar on my lockscreen, just thought it would be kind of cool.

Awesome ROM otherwise. Good job devs...

Upvote 0
Hey guys, helping my find as I mentioned, unlocked, rooted all went well, but when trying to put 2.2 on we are just stuck at boot loop screen. Any help.

Sorry to be so forceful and quote myself but I'm in a pinch here. And like a dumb@ss, I never made a Nandroid so I don't know what to do for him. I think I really screwed up.

OK, for the readers. Always, always, always, ALWAYS make a nandroid backup before flashing anything.

I'm glad that atrain311 was able to solve this problem, expecially since it was not his phone but his 'find' phone.

Upvote 0
Yeah it does sync. Not sure why, but I set the days for my google calendar to show 1 week, instead of the default 1 day, and it hasn't shown anything more than one day.

I don't really have to have my calendar on my lockscreen, just thought it would be kind of cool.

Awesome ROM otherwise. Good job devs...

did you select multiple events? this will scroll thru all the events for the timeframe selected

Upvote 0
OK, this rom is simply amazing and I'm still on 2.0. A quick history. Received LTE Gnex Aug 16. Rooted Aug 18. Flashed a custom rom Aug 21, I did dabble with BAMF for an hour or so, but decided to make this one a daily driver, because. It's. So. Cool.

But I have a modest but huge thread request on the dev's posting it here.

I know it's pretty cool being able to change the OP and title to reflect a new major release, but sometimes (rarely these days) there will be someone who wants to read the whole thread before posting. But could you please just start a new thread here for each major release? Please?

It would make it so much simpler for the other thread to die than for someone to have to read through pages about 1.0, the 'magic' additions, then 2.0, then 2.1 (especially since 2.1 ended up being such a dud), etc. to get caught up before posting a question.

Now I have had a burning question that got buried somewhere along the line in this thread and it is this:

<snip>Hey, one thing I can't find, at least not yet, is the ability to make the signal bars the numbers instead. Is it buried in there some place?<snip>

Also, what would it take to get most if not all of the bootanimations up to the same screen size? I downloaded and installed the matrix one, since it used to my favorite on the OG Droid, but it's so tiny on the Gnex.

So many thanks!

Upvote 0
did you select multiple events? this will scroll thru all the events for the timeframe selected

I did not. I will give it a try. So there isn't a way to show all the calendar items for the next week on one page/lockscreen? It needs to cycle one at a time through them?

Still working on the touchdown calendar not working, but thanks on the tip...

Upvote 0
OK, this rom is simply amazing and I'm still on 2.0. A quick history. Received LTE Gnex Aug 16. Rooted Aug 18. Flashed a custom rom Aug 21, I did dabble with BAMF for an hour or so, but decided to make this one a daily driver, because. It's. So. Cool.

But I have a modest but huge thread request on the dev's posting it here.

I know it's pretty cool being able to change the OP and title to reflect a new major release, but sometimes (rarely these days) there will be someone who wants to read the whole thread before posting. But could you please just start a new thread here for each major release? Please?

It would make it so much simpler for the other thread to die than for someone to have to read through pages about 1.0, the 'magic' additions, then 2.0, then 2.1 (especially since 2.1 ended up being such a dud), etc. to get caught up before posting a question.

Now I have had a burning question that got buried somewhere along the line in this thread and it is this:

Also, what would it take to get most if not all of the bootanimations up to the same screen size? I downloaded and installed the matrix one, since it used to my favorite on the OG Droid, but it's so tiny on the Gnex.

So many thanks!

Thread size - The reason dev's like to use 1 thread is for ease for the users. some issues from the past can be found without need for reposts for the same issues from release to release. Another big reason is ease of maintenance.. With 5 versions released, and 2 phones (toro and Maguro) and 6 forums... we would have to monitor 60+ threads to answer everybody.

Signal bars - If you have a link to some signal bars that you like, I can look to see what it will take to post them up. Just need the developers approval to post them on our toolbox. I remember on ICS we had some abilities to change these to numbers, its just a time restraint to add our old abilities with new cool stuff that hasnt been done yet :) JB is much different than ICS and just takes time for the devs to get things back to the level of customizations we had in the past.

Boot Animations - The early boot ani's are carry overs from our OG droid days. While they work, they are not optimal for the screen on the Gnex. Any boot ani marked HD in front of it is designed for your Nexus. Again, if you have one you would like and see it already setup for the Nexus, would be happy to add it, with proper approval of course.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones