• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Guys, thanks so much for your responses but I think after looking at the apps you suggested I mislead you. I used Timeriffic for that sort of thing. I was thinking more for visually setting up my phone. Case in point, let's say I want one of my profiles to be a work one where it only needs a couple of home pages, very professional looking and such. Then, I'd like another that's a Mets profile (I know, they stink) where I can deck it out all I want, blah blah...at the switch of a button without losing my work one. Do those apps you suggested do that? Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
Guys, thanks so much for your responses but I think after looking at the apps you suggested I mislead you. I used Timeriffic for that sort of thing. I was thinking more for visually setting up my phone. Case in point, let's say I want one of my profiles to be a work one where it only needs a couple of home pages, very professional looking and such. Then, I'd like another that's a Mets profile (I know, they stink) where I can deck it out all I want, blah blah...at the switch of a button without losing my work one. Do those apps you suggested do that? Thank you very much.

Tasker can do that too, but it takes a bit of setting up.
I just tried it. I created a profile named red. I set it to change my wallpaper, wifi sleep, display brightness, etc. Activated that profile and watched my wallpaper change.
I deactivated it and watched it change back.

I don't know if it can change the number of one screens, I didn't try that.

Reactions: atrain311
Upvote 0
Maybe in the far off future when we run out of other things to do. but at this time profiles is not in the list of things to do. as i said doesnt mean it wont come there have been many things we werent going to do that came along but there are too many other things taking time now and wont do anything like that until everything else on the list is done.

Thanks again .

Upvote 0
I've decided to take on a weekend project and finally leave my stock build. I got about 20% through this thread, but it would've taken a while to finish. So some of these may have been answered already.

1. I was reading about the built-in torch (flashlight) function. I've been using TeslaLED plus Widget locker so that I have a toggle in my unlock slider on the lock screen that toggles it on and off. Unfortunately, there's a 3 - 5 second delay on the GNex. Is there anything built in to the ROM that could accomplish this? I'd really rather get away from Widget Locker, any way because there's some lag sometimes with it.

2. When installing the gapps package, do these then get updated in the Play store when there are updates, or do you have to flash a new package once someone creates it? If you do have to reflash, do you have to set up your data or accounts again? Does the gapps include Maps, or is that separate and available through the Play store? And most importantly, is Navigation reliable?

3. Was there any consensus made on the best kernel?

4. I have Google Voice set up for my VM. I didn't use the built in software method because it didn't work. I used the method where you dial the phone number that sets it up to forward or whatever. I shouldn't have to redo this after flashing the ROM, right? And I'll be able to access my VM's from the dialer like I can in stock (and not have to open the Google Voice app), right?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I'll have more. You all seem like a very helpful bunch. I've also got a separate bluetooth issue that I'm really looking forward to being able to fix since the fix needs root. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I've decided to take on a weekend project and finally leave my stock build. I got about 20% through this thread, but it would've taken a while to finish. So some of these may have been answered already.

1. I was reading about the built-in torch (flashlight) function. I've been using TeslaLED plus Widget locker so that I have a toggle in my unlock slider on the lock screen that toggles it on and off. Unfortunately, there's a 3 - 5 second delay on the GNex. Is there anything built in to the ROM that could accomplish this? I'd really rather get away from Widget Locker, any way because there's some lag sometimes with it.

2. When installing the gapps package, do these then get updated in the Play store when there are updates, or do you have to flash a new package once someone creates it? If you do have to reflash, do you have to set up your data or accounts again? Does the gapps include Maps, or is that separate and available through the Play store? And most importantly, is Navigation reliable?

3. Was there any consensus made on the best kernel?

4. I have Google Voice set up for my VM. I didn't use the built in software method because it didn't work. I used the method where you dial the phone number that sets it up to forward or whatever. I shouldn't have to redo this after flashing the ROM, right? And I'll be able to access my VM's from the dialer like I can in stock (and not have to open the Google Voice app), right?

That's all I can think of for now. I'm sure I'll have more. You all seem like a very helpful bunch. I've also got a separate bluetooth issue that I'm really looking forward to being able to fix since the fix needs root. Thanks!

1. We do have Torch, it works well for some, others seem to have good luck on trinity kernels.

2.Gapps can be updated thru playstore.. The only thing that cant be updated is when you load a theme package. Themed apps wont update and retain the theme, in this case the themers will update them as time permits.

3. There is no such thing as a "Best Kernel". Each persons phone and setup is different and thus certain kernels will behave "better" to each individual user.

4. I dont use GV, but that seemed to be a function on Googles side. once it is stet , it works from a server level.

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: ryancmatchett
Upvote 0
Quick answer, please--

I used the wugfresh toolkit to unlock, root, and install custom recovery. I didn't realize it wasn't CWM, but I guess it shouldn't matter. When I'm wiping data, I've wiped Dalvik Cache and Cache. My other options are Factory Reset System, Internal Storage, and Format Data. Do I need to select any more before installing the ROM?

Edit: It is Team Win Recovery Project v2.2.0

Upvote 0
Ok, unless the first boot takes an extended amount of time, I think I might have a bootloop. It's the X that has the colors going around in like an aurora. I pulled the battery once, but it's been doing it for a few minutes again since then. Did I screw up by flashing the radios at the same time?

If so, should I just try flashing the ROM and the gapps again? Tell me what stuff to clear again, too.

I checked the MD5 on all three packages.

Upvote 0
I had done that right before this boot. Is the "Wipe" step important? Do I need to hit "Factory Reset System"? I also get the option to clear cache and dalvik after flashing.

TWRP should do the job fine, right? I know most people prefer CWM-- I could try flashing it if you think TWRP isn't doing its job right.

Upvote 0
Morning, folks!

Selling my son HARD on JBSourcery, I flashed the latest and greatest on his phone: but at the time, the latest and greatest was 2.1 :eeK:

He is, of course, having troubles and will give JBSourcery one more try with 2.2.

My question is, can I dirty flash from 2.1 to 2.2 without wiping data? I supose I can try and if it's buggy, clean flash... but I didn't know if the devs had a legitimate reason why I should wipe to begin with.

Thanks for a great ROM!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones