• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Quick question guys..installing this on my wife's phone...does lockscreen circle break theme chooser theme?? I applied a theme then a lockscreen circle and it wouldn't boot past Google screen

It should not get you bootlooped but they wont work together either, when a theme chooser theme is applied many of our framework changes feature wont be visible including the lock screen ring.

Reactions: bigbear6708
Upvote 0
It should not get you bootlooped but they wont work together either, when a theme chooser theme is applied many of our framework changes feature wont be visible including the lock screen ring.

Thanks for that...we were hung at Google screen, so i just flashed Rom again with no wipe and gapps, fixed problem minus lock ring...so i figured they must not play nice

Upvote 0
My proximity sensor just stopped working today for some reason and there's nothing I can do to get it to function again. I figured it was a kernel issue (I normal run Franco's latest nightly r290 at the moment), but I've tried flashing the latest Trinity and Lean Kernel too (both latest stable and exp/alpha) with no change. I'm using Elixir 2 to test the sensor and it seems that the proximity sensor isn't even updating properly. It's graphing very slow and inconsistent sometimes, but it isn't changing at all when I do the proximity sensor test in the app. The phone also doesn't turn the screen off while I hold the phone to my face during calls, at least about 95% of the time now since it started doing it today.

I've had this issue before and it just randomly started working again. I think that was a while back on ICS though, when I was running Liquid Smooth ROMs. So maybe this isn't ROM specific..? Anyways, any help would be appreciated!

I'm on JBSourcery 2.4 right now. I never had any BT battery drain issues, so I didn't update to 2.5. I'm not sure why a small update like that warranted a whole .1 step up either..? I figured it should have been a patch update like 2.4.1, but I guess you couldn't dirty flash it for some technical reason, so you had to do a full wipe/reinstall, which would warrant a whole new version. :p

What c coincidence. I'm having the same problem, and it just started after updating to 2.4. Haven't updated to 2.5 yet. Should I, or is it something else? All I know is that the only thing that would maje the problem go away was a restart. Thanks in advance for looking into this.

om on 2.5 + :) and no issues with proximity sensor

I just updated to 2.5 just to fix this and it's still broken :(. I did a full wipe before updating/installing. I didn't restore any system apps either. Maybe a normal app is affecting the sensor somehow though? Any ideas? TIA.

Upvote 0
I'm having a big problem with 2.5.5....

I can't flash it! :(

My Darling Bride keeps tasking me with things to do tonight and I can't sit down and do surgery on my beloved Nexus yet! Hopefully later this evening - IF I can sneak away long enough to work on my phone - I'll wipe this thing and get it flashed up.

Thanks for the great work, folks - and I look forward to more great things from your team as time goes by!

IF I can ever get around to using it :rolleyes:

:D

Upvote 0
what do you do to when you are testing it out.. step by step...

There's only a couple things I can do that I know of;

Make a call (to my voicemail) and hold my phone up to my face (or just put my hand over the proximity sensor) to see what it does.

Or open up Elixir 2, click "Sensors" and click the play button for the Proximity sensor to see if it registers anything. Most of the time it stays on "far" even though I have my hand/face right in front of the proximity sensor.

Of course, as I'm writing this, it's working fine. But it's the first time I've seen it function properly since I've flashed 2.5. I'm sure there's another app interfering with it, but I don't know how to see which one it is. I downloaded Permissions Explorer to see if I could see what apps have permissions to the proximity sensor, but from what I can tell, there's no explicit permission for the proximity sensor. I even checked the Phone app to see what permissions it has (because obviously it has access to the proximity sensor), but with a whopping 45 different permissions, none of which say anything about "proximity", it's hard to tell which apps can affect it.

Thanks again for any help.

Upvote 0
I don't know if this will help, but here goes: The proximity sensor seems to flip out when I have my "screen on" time set to one minute or less. I also have Power Toggles installed on my phone. I'm pretty sure that the problem crops up when I use it to change said screen time setting instead of using the phone "settings" route. I have since changed my screen on setting to 5 minutes and have got in the habit of rebooting my phone daily. So far, so good. My next step is to uninstall Power Toggles, but I'd really like to avoid that since it gives me more options.

Sorry for the ramble - take this for what you can get out of it.

Reactions: PhilosoRaptor
Upvote 0
I don't know if this will help, but here goes: The proximity sensor seems to flip out when I have my "screen on" time set to one minute or less. I also have Power Toggles installed on my phone. I'm pretty sure that the problem crops up when I use it to change said screen time setting instead of using the phone "settings" route. I have since changed my screen on setting to 5 minutes and have got in the habit of rebooting my phone daily. So far, so good. My next step is to uninstall Power Toggles, but I'd really like to avoid that since it gives me more options.

Sorry for the ramble - take this for what you can get out of it.

Hmm, well I've never used Power Toggles, I just use the built-in AOKP/CM notification toggles that are in JBSourcery for all that stuff. I've also always set my sleep time in the display settings to 2 mins (it's one of the first things I set when I flash a new ROM). So I'm not sure if any of that is affecting the proximity sensor.

It seems that my phone/proximity sensor has magically fixed itself for the time being though. It responds normally in Elixir 2 and turns the display off in a call when I bring it to my face now. It's just odd though, because this is exactly what happened a few months ago, last time I experienced this issue; it just fixed itself. That was on a completely different ROM (ICS based Liquid Smooth, I think) too, so I'm thinking it's either an app/service I have that interfering with it or it's a hardware issue. I hate how inconsistent it is though, it makes it almost impossible to troubleshoot and diagnose :mad:.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones