1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tdevaughn, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Crashumbc

Crashumbc Android Expert

I've never used the "update" .zip feature.

Looks to specify "clockworkMod" will this work with TWP ?

Also, do use GoogleWallet and how do you handle it? for some reason I always seem to have issues with it unless I "reset" it before I wipe :/

Advertisement

2. orlando bull

orlando bull Well-Known Member

Back on sourcery... completely screwed the pooch on the TiBu restore though. Oh well, back up and running.

3. satellitez

satellitez Well-Known Member

Yes is will work with twrp. Thats what I use and I always flash with those exact steps the chief mentioned.

4. satellitez

Just to clarify, from the main screen of TB you will click the dots (menu).

Select "create update zip"

Then the next screen you will see at the bottom, the option to rename the zip. Like my screen shot.

After all that, on your next flash, after you flash the rom and gapps and boot up, you can go back into recovery and flash in the titanium zip which will install the app

Attached Files:

5. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

I've got a stupid question. I'm still on 2.5. When I have multiple unread gmail messages and pull down the notification shade, it used to say "x unread messages" and give a list of who they were from. Now all it says is "X unread messages". With all the options, can someone tell me which one I might have changed?

TIA

6. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

Depends on how many other items are in your pull down notifications. 2 or more other than Gmail and it doesn't show the split of emails and the details

7. satellitez

Only odd thing I've noticed is after flashing in the galaxy s3 sounds from the mods menu.

The volume panel does not affect the flashed in sounds. Its a small detail I know, but sometimes its louder than I need it be.

8. great job on the rom, btw. speedy and long battery :)

i know you guys are on top of little bugs and will send an update to my phone soon.

9. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Hmm, had it with just two, gmail being one. Thx.

10. waviiboiied

waviiboiied Newbie

For the MMS bug?is it the picture itself that is "null" or the sender's name?

11. gleedy

gleedy Lurker

For me, the message looks fine but the 'null' shows up as the text of the message, even overlapping with any text that was sent along with the picture.

12. waviiboiied

waviiboiied Newbie

thank you for the clarification. its pretty much the only thing holding me from the 2.3 --> 3.0 jump

13. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

doesnt have anything to do with the function... just have the word "null" overlaying the senders name.... text sends/delivers just fine :)

14. bigbear6708

bigbear6708 Android Enthusiast

The dreaded "null" no biggie at all!!!
    You guys got a bonus shot of my new back splash!!! uploadfromtaptalk1351215164745.jpg

15. I thought there was a way to make the Navy bar transparent on a previous sorcery ROM...

16. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

yes, on one of the beta's

17. coming back? i like the idea of having the nav bar transparent, but still having the nav bar keys :D

18. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

It didnt leave :)
    select the color of the nav bar and can set the slider below the color selection.. full right is transparent

19. Chizzele

Chizzele Well-Known Member

Im wondering... when your navi bar was dimming.. did you have it by chance set to transparent.. ?

20. bcote311

bcote311 Well-Known Member

Hey Chizzele, no I didn't adjust the transparency at all. I have the brightness of the nav bar set at 70% and it seems to go from that to a little brighter whenever I am under any menu in settings. Once I exit the settings menu it stops so it doesn't really bother me but I wanted to see if anyone else noticed it.

21. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Orlando, you inspired me. Thank you for your kind words.

I have expanded the post into a step-by-step GUIDE, which can be found here:

The_Chief's Quick Guide to Flashing a ROM

I have listed it in the All Things Root Guide sticky at the top of, well, the All Things Root section. So you can always refer to it there :)

As far as making you more of a crack-flasher, I don't know if I did a good thing or a bad thing :p

Enough of that... back to the ROM...

22. Biaviian

Biaviian Android Enthusiast

Is it OK/a good idea to install both the normal gapps and the inverted gapps or is it one or the other?

23. tdevaughn

tdevaughn Android Expert

If you like inverted gapps, install both, Rom and standard gapps, boot up and after everything restored then install inverted gapps. The inverted are hit and miss on auto restore

24. teddyearp

teddyearp Android Expert

Well, I fixed it for now by turning off notifications in TempMonitor by Dustinmj. I don't recall it being a conflict before, but that was probably before I did the BT battery fix that Chizzle gave me.

I'll have to go on up to 3.0 soon, I reckon.

25. Jeffruby

Jeffruby Android Enthusiast

Anyone having the blutooth issue again? Had flashed Franco to test, back to trinity which I got from rom, now bt hogs battery. Is the stock trinity on rom bad?