• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

New lean 4.5 is running pretty good so far for me

Giving the ZenSeries kernel a go, seems to be pretty decent...

I'm watching the game on my phone in the car riding home and it keeps saying 'unfortunately browser has stopped' then it crashes... Idk what's going on...

And how to remove the rotation icon from status bar

Upvote 0
Oh no... that pesky Bluetooth problem is back...

I flashed 3.1, and then flashed Lean 4.5.0. I turned on my BT headset, hit play and NOTHING. That initial Play command from the headset fails again!

Okay, says I, it's the kernel. So I re-flashed the ROM and Gapps, opting to leave the stock Trinity kernel running.

Same thing! :eek:

Now I'm torn: do I keep the upgrades of 3.1 (even though they really don't apply to me) and lose my BT functionality? Or nandroid back to 3.0 and enjoy my BT again?

And can the developers look to see if ANYTHING was change in the BT coding?

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Oh no... that pesky Bluetooth problem is back...

I flashed 3.1, and then flashed Lean 4.5.0. I turned on my BT headset, hit play and NOTHING. That initial Play command from the headset fails again!

Okay, says I, it's the kernel. So I re-flashed the ROM and Gapps, opting to leave the stock Trinity kernel running.

Same thing! :eek:

Now I'm torn: do I keep the upgrades of 3.1 (even though they really don't apply to me) and lose my BT functionality? Or nandroid back to 3.0 and enjoy my BT again?

And can the developers look to see if ANYTHING was change in the BT coding?

Thanks!

can you try re-pairing? nothing changed in the BT/kernel areas

Upvote 0
can you try re-pairing? nothing changed in the BT/kernel areas

Okay, I unpaired the headset and turned it off. Then turned it on and paired it. The problem persists, I will try a whole different kernel to see if I can isolate the issue. Hold on...

EDIT: Okay, I tried Popcorn kernel and got the same result. The BT headset's initial Play command isn't starting the music, but follow-on commands work AFTER I get music started manually on the phone.

SO I wiped the phone and nandroided back to 3.0. I unpaired the headset, re-paired it, turned it off and turned it on. Hit Play.

Music started!

That tells me that SOMETHING changed between 3.0 and 3.1 that affects that Bluetooth function. I don't know what, but something changed...

Reactions: NSutherl
Upvote 0
Okay, I unpaired the headset and turned it off. Then turned it on and paired it. The problem persists, I will try a whole different kernel to see if I can isolate the issue. Hold on...

Chief, I'm on 3.1 with 4.4 lean kernel. remember I have the same BT headset that you have. Just paired it for the first time since installing 3.1 and pressing play started it right up. Went a step further are rebooted my phone and restarted BT and again it paired right up.

Upvote 0
:thinking:

EDIT: Okay, in deference to the developers, as soon as my phone is charged back up I will wipe everything and clean flash 3.1, opting to NOT restore any BT access points that are backed up. And we'll see if that works. I sure hope so :)

I just updated to Lean 4.5 exp1 and still no issues for me when starting my BT headset. Google Play starts right up. I did clean install 3.1 and typically never restore my BT trhough Titanium Backup. Don't know that it matters but I always delete the Apollo Music app. I'm 100% Google Music or Slacker Radio.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones