• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [rom]jbsourcery v5.4-lte[06/07/13] jb4.2.2 The Final Call

Junky, you got me closer...

I cleared cache and data in the Google Play Music app and logged back in, set my stuff up, etc. Then I disconnected the BT headset and turned it off. Rebooted the phone. Turned on the BT headset and hit Play.

Nothing.

Wiped cache and Dalvik and flashed Lean 4.5.0.

STILL nothing.

I don't know what is going on... :(

Upvote 0
What do you do when you clean install?

I've loaded this version 5 times now and never seen the sound fc

What I do is go into twrp's wipe menu:
1. Factory Reset wipe x3
2. Cache wipe x3
3. Dalvik wipe x3
3. System wipe x3
4. Flash in rom + gapps, boot up, wait few minutes to settle in
5. Reboot recovery, flash in tibu, boot up
6. Restore apps, sms mms, reboot

Then I'll adjust my regular settings, jb control center settings, trickster mod settings, softkeys. Then i use Nova pro to restore my beautiful widgets, hd widgets, play music etc..

Upvote 0
What I do is go into twrp's wipe menu:
1. Factory Reset wipe x3
2. Cache wipe x3
3. Dalvik wipe x3
3. System wipe x3
4. Flash in rom + gapps, boot up, wait few minutes to settle in
5. Reboot recovery, flash in tibu, boot up
6. Restore apps, sms mms, reboot

Then I'll adjust my regular settings, jb control center settings, trickster mod settings, softkeys. Then i use Nova pro to restore my beautiful widgets, hd widgets, play music etc..
try not using step 5. Let the market restore your apps

Upvote 0
I think ppl's problems are coming from that new feature in tibu. Using the old restore method within the tibu app, I restore just apps and app data. Now with chief's guide (thanks) I also include a couple things he says we can restore. I wasn't able to restore all the ones he mentioned, because I kept getting lag problems. I ended up just choosing accounts, contact storage, and SMS/mms. Some people may not be able to restore any of the system settings chief mentioned and some people may be able to restore them all and not experience problems. Like I said I could only restore a few of those. Another thing that might help is fixing permissions in twrp and wiping cache and wiping davlik cache after restoring things.

Upvote 0
I don't think that this is an issue with the ROM since it has been happening on JBS 3.0-3.2, but here is the dilemma....

I have been using my stock browser primarily for web surfing and when I view a video in fullscreen mode and then exit fullscreen and hit back to return to the previous page the browser crashes 9 times out of 10. And every 5th time or so it will completely crash and I will loose all of my open tabs.

I have always done a clean install of any ROM and used titanium to restore my apps (no system info). I also have adobe flash installed if that might have anything to with it (im not sure). What do you guys think I can do to resolve this? Do I need to say the heck with the browser and go with chrome or firefox or something else?

Thanks for any and all help with this :)

Upvote 0
Is anyone else's flash player working? I have been using the same apk for a while now which seems to have stopped working. I tried the one from the sourcery tools too which doesn't seem to work either. Trying to go on espn .com and no videos seem to work....

Edit...nevermind. seems to be web site specific and not flash player itself. Other sites are working just fine.

Upvote 0
Any ETA on a stable 4.2? I'm still on 4.1.1 (JBSourcery 2.2.3), which was a beta release and occasionally has some stability issues. Since TiB doesn't work right, I don't want to constantly be putting my phone back how I want it. So I think once the stable 4.2 comes out, I'm probably going to stick with it unless Google makes another major update in the next few months. Anyone else thinking the same? Unless of course it's dirty flash-able.

Upvote 0
seems that the changes to CWM and TWRP have made a huge difference for the 4.2 roms. Not seen any with the options we have all been accustomed to, and wouldnt expect to see this early into a new release.

I would suggest JBsourcery 3.2 for anyone still hanging onto earlier releases. Our version of android 4.2 will not be out anytime soon as our main man eagle is enjoying a long deserved vacation. If your out in Cali running in the sand dunes you may run into him the next 2 weeks... dont hurt him please lol

For TIBU, it is a great tool when used correctly. I dont restore any system apps... and I only restore data for games/tapatalk. anything else and you are flirting with potential issues

Reactions: TheyCallMeBT
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones