• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

Upgraded to 10.2 last night with leankernel 5.0. Works pretty well for me as so far.

Anybody else notice that the developer options is missing from the settings menu? Only way I can get that menu to appear is by plugging it into my comp. Also, I think there is supposed to be a ‘Users’ category under Device in the settings but I’m not seeing it..

Upvote 0
I am still finding only tablets...
However... Since this rom is a tablet ROM too... Here are the commands as I see them:

WARNING.. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU ARE PREPARED TO COMPLETELY WIPE AND FACTORY RESET YOUR DEVICE IF THIS DOES NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY!

HOW TO ENABLE MULTIPLE USER ACCOUNTS ON A JELLY BEAN DEVICE
Root your device, and then download the Terminal Emulator app from the Google Play Store.

Execute these two commands (without the quotes):

"su"

"pm create-user test"

Note that in the second command, "test" is the name of the new user that you are creating. Well, congrats, you have now created a new user on your Android device!

Swipe down the notification bar, click the settings button, and choose a user...

Choosing the "test" option will send you to a brand new homescreen, which you can customize in an entirely different way from your primary one! Most info like photos, app info, music, contacts and Google Account will not be visible between accounts, but there might be some omissions that are not fixed by the Android team yet.

Repeat step 2 to create even more user accounts.

You can just as easily get rid of the additional accounts, by opening the Terminal Emulator app and executing the following commands (without the quotes):

"su"

"pm remove-user 1"

Note that in the second command, "1" is the second account on the device (or in other words, the first additional account that you've created), because your primary one is 0. If you have a third account, you just substitute "1" with "2" in the second command.

Upvote 0
10.3 (md5: c92a220b8f1ebdec58ca27727e131c0d)
updated to 4.2.1
fixed another deep sleep bug (from mediascanner)
fixed brightness bug
fixed issue causing lag
fixed bug with wallpapers
added Desk Clock widget
fixed a bug that was causing random reboots
improved performance
improved battery life
other minor bug fixes from 4.2.x

Reactions: jmar and twinsdad
Upvote 0
How is this compared to Eclipse Rom 3.1 - Toro Build 1 ?
Cant decide what one to try? I am on JB Sorcery 3.2 and looking for another to try Thx

K I decided to flash this so i did wiped everything etc... boots up and Keyboard stops then gallery wouldnt load any pics and that force stopped? So i guess I will try Eclipse since Jelly Belly didnt work for me :( I really wanted to try this one too !!

Upvote 0
For those that tried to install 10.3 with the Google stock 11/28 Gapps, please note that JellyBelly and the dev Jake have their own Gapps for this rom. Current version of the jelly belly gapps is 11/22.
The gapps that jakeday recommends is an AOSP + collection, including Google Wallet etc.
If you are using the goomanager beta app, just search for jakeday and you will see his most recent files. Or if you follow the link in the OP to the Rootz thread, the rom and gapps are listed for download.

Please also make sure you are using the most current version of your recovery, either CWMR or TWRP.

I installed 10.3 the other day... Dirty flash actually, and everything is smooth as buttah! After adding lean kernel v5.0exp1....I am getting a full day and zero lag... Love it!

Upvote 0
For those that tried to install 10.3 with the Google stock 11/28 Gapps, please note that JellyBelly and the dev Jake have their own Gapps for this rom. Current version of the jelly belly gapps is 11/22.
The gapps that jakeday recommends is an AOSP + collection, including Google Wallet etc.
If you are using the goomanager beta app, just search for jakeday and you will see his most recent files. Or if you follow the link in the OP to the Rootz thread, the rom and gapps are listed for download.

Please also make sure you are using the most current version of your recovery, either CWMR or TWRP.

I installed 10.3 the other day... Dirty flash actually, and everything is smooth as buttah! After adding lean kernel v5.0exp1....I am getting a full day and zero lag... Love it!

I'm giving this a shot based on your review. Full day and zero lag are exactly what I'm looking for. Let you know how it goes.

Upvote 0
Too early to tell anything about battery but I do have one downside so far. I flashed the 11/22 gapps that Jake recommends with the ROM but I'm having an issue when running Apex Launcher. Using the back arrow closes an open item such as a Gmail message I'm reading but then it returns to a blank homescreen. Actually its not entirely blank, I can see the Google search bar toward the top but its more like the outline of the thing rather than how it normally looks. In order to bypass this sort of in between purgatory kind of screen I have to press the home button. So instead of disabling Apex, I disabled Google search which is one of my more favorite features about JB. Kind of a big issue for me.

Upvote 0
Coming from AOKP Milestone 1. Trying Jelly Belly to hopefully get a full day out of my battery for a change.

I can see already that I'm gonna miss the customizable quick settings in the pull down area. Anyone know where I can find one similar to the one AOKP (with a customizeable order, preferable with Wi-Fi tether and 4G toggles).

oh wait...does this have Wi-Fi tether built in?

Upvote 0
Yes, the wifi tether is built in and non reportable.
Also as far as toggles go, check out an app in GPlay called Notification Toggle. I use it and it works great
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle

(if you follow the instructions in the app, making the Notification Toggle a system app, all the toggles are direct-press root accessible...)
Welcome and enjoy!

Reactions: ckelly33
Upvote 0
Too early to tell anything about battery but I do have one downside so far. I flashed the 11/22 gapps that Jake recommends with the ROM but I'm having an issue when running Apex Launcher. Using the back arrow closes an open item such as a Gmail message I'm reading but then it returns to a blank homescreen. Actually its not entirely blank, I can see the Google search bar toward the top but its more like the outline of the thing rather than how it normally looks. In order to bypass this sort of in between purgatory kind of screen I have to press the home button. So instead of disabling Apex, I disabled Google search which is one of my more favorite features about JB. Kind of a big issue for me.

IOBT... I posted this over for Jake to see on rootz.... I can't find an answer already posted.. Lets see if anyone pipes up about it... Or it might simply be an apex issue... I did try using a mod that included apex, and it kept giving me the far right last screen as my home screen... Not sure why. I will try again today, see if it was just me or the mod. But here is the link to my post...
entry1040220

Reactions: NSutherl
Upvote 0
Yes, the wifi tether is built in and non reportable.
Also as far as toggles go, check out an app in GPlay called Notification Toggle. I use it and it works great
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.j4velin.notificationToggle

(if you follow the instructions in the app, making the Notification Toggle a system app, all the toggles are direct-press root accessible...)
Welcome and enjoy!

Thanks. I will try that. I flashed the ones listed on the jellybelly rootz site but was less than impressed. gonna rewipe to clean those off and try your suggestion.

Reactions: p-bOt
Upvote 0
IOBT... I posted this over for Jake to see on rootz.... I can't find an answer already posted.. Lets see if anyone pipes up about it... Or it might simply be an apex issue... I did try using a mod that included apex, and it kept giving me the far right last screen as my home screen... Not sure why. I will try again today, see if it was just me or the mod. But here is the link to my post...
entry1040220

Thanks Ryan. I noticed somebody gave the advice to uninstall and retry. I didn't quite do that but I did notice an option in Apex to restore homescreen settings to default so I gave it a shot. So far, it's working great, I think that may have resolved it. I'm thinking it brought over some data from 4.1 via Titanium and it wasn't playing well with 4.2. Thanks again for checking into it.

Upvote 0
Fresh install. An early analysis of battery life (my reason for leaving aokp), terrible.

Running stock kernel. Maybe that's it. I'm at 68% 51 mins in with 15 mins screen time on 4g and Bluetooth and not a ton of use since I've been driving.

Wow... Okay that's about as bad as I have seen.
As Iowa said above... Maybe something came over from an older build?

I am using leankernel 5.0exp1, and getting well over 2 hours of screen on a slow day... And close to 4 on a busy day. But usage varies...
Definitely make sure nothing is running that would be still trying to connect and failing?
Also, did you yet open you GMaps and get a gps lock? I leave my gps off, unless I need navigation, after I get a good lock, right after I install the rom. Significantly helps with battery.

Let us know what you find and how it goes!

Upvote 0
Wow... Okay that's about as bad as I have seen.
As Iowa said above... Maybe something came over from an older build?

I am using leankernel 5.0exp1, and getting well over 2 hours of screen on a slow day... And close to 4 on a busy day. But usage varies...
Definitely make sure nothing is running that would be still trying to connect and failing?
Also, did you yet open you GMaps and get a gps lock? I leave my gps off, unless I need navigation, after I get a good lock, right after I install the rom. Significantly helps with battery.

Let us know what you find and how it goes!

I will switch over to lean tonight and give it try. GPS was off during that period, at least the navigation part was. DO you turn off ALL location based services? I believe that there are 3, 2 of the 3 were on but not the one that works with navigation (I had to turn that one on after I got lost, lol)

What is the best way to tell where the drain is coming from? I can look at the battery stats, screen was first and it hadn't been on much. Brightness is about halfway up btw.

Not sure of anything else significant

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones