• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

And a random reboot while restoring apps+data in TiBu. This does not bode well.

Finishing the restore, but I'm not sure if 2.5 will last long...

I had a couple random Nova Launcher FC's and some issue with the screen flashing red, which turned out to be an option under Developer Settings about GPU rendering. Everything restored fine with TiBu. Clean flash from 2.2 to 2.5, seems a little smoother than 2.2, but still not AOKP smooth. Just saw that AOKP M6 came out today so I will have to give JB a few more days till I decide to flash M6...It comes down to Google Now on JB vs. Swag buttery goodness on AOKP

Upvote 0
If any version of JB is less smooth than any version of ICS, something's wrong with your JB install.

Maybe, but neither 2.2 or 2.5 were as smooth as AOKP M5, or even some the B38-B40 builds. The animations and visual effects on JB looks nicer, buth jusmp and lag more often that AOKP. Longer lists (like app lists in settings or add-widget" lists) take longer in JB than AOKP too. Don't get me wrong, JB has it's high points (google now, voice recognition, more logical UI) that make me stay on it, that's why I haven't flashed M6 yet :D

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Hey Iwoloschin, if you have to do a full wipe, I would recommend Super Wipe. It doesn't just wipe the partitions, it FORMATS them. Does a great job at removing absolutely everything :)

I'll have to check that out.

So something got screwed up when trying to use Goomanager to automate a TWRP wipe/flash. No idea what happened, only that it didn't seem to wipe, though it definitely was showing the "new phone login" stuff. I manually booted into recovery and was able to wipe everything via TWRP, so we're good to go now, no apparent problems. No idea how that happened... :thinking:

Upvote 0
We all perceive "smooth" differently and our phones get set up with different apps, different kernels, & run different. But for me, nothing ICS is even comparable to the speed of JB. I've restored to aokp b40 numerous times since the Jelly port dropped and its like going back to software in slow motion. Not that aokp is slow at all, but because JB is so much more optimized. Its like ICS-ultra-HD-+ :D

Reactions: ka24us
Upvote 0
If any version of JB is less smooth than any version of ICS, something's wrong with your JB install.

I guess it just is what it is. jbdan always preaches that kernels (and sometimes roms) are very phone-dependent, so this might be a similar case.

Dunno if I agree with this. Jb is nice and all but overall aokp b40 is way smoother than jb. At least on my phone.

Same here. B37 and M5 even more so than B40 for me.

EDIT: ninjad by jbdan again! He brings up a good point though about each user perceiving smooth different. I guess the real test is going to be when I go back to AOKP from JB. Maybe JB has just spoiled me and AOKP will seem like molasses.

Upvote 0
I am having a devil of a time copying my TiBU backup to the PC. Only 4 things out of 238 want to copy over! :thinking:

EDIT: Nevertheless, nandroid in progress...

I was having the exact same problem. I could see everything in my TB directory and could select and copy, but none of it would ever paste to my pc. Finally, just gave up. I have my nandroid backups and some older TB's on my pc for months past, so will just go with them if all craps out.

But wished there was some kind of a fix for whatever is causing this issue.

Here's another thread I started about that issue: http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...eeing-all-folders-copy-paste.html#post4628973

Upvote 0
I was having the exact same problem. I could see everything in my TB directory and could select and copy, but none of it would ever paste to my pc. Finally, just gave up. I have my nandroid backups and some older TB's on my pc for months past, so will just go with them if all craps out.

Believe it or not, I rebooted the phone and it copied over just fine! :thinking:

For some reason, I cant copy the new update onto my phone >.> i get an error saying its either stopped responding or has been disconnected, but any other file transfers just fine :thinking:

Try above. Stuff happens in electronics :)

Are you transferring by USB?

Reactions: darkcyber
Upvote 0
I tried copying it over to my phone also, 2.5, and got an error. Something about the device isn't present or something. Then I ran the Md5 check and it failed. I downloaded the file from another source and it failed the MD5 check. So, I looked at the size of the files. On the sites I was downloading them from it shows 179 mb. The actually file size I showed on my pc once I downloaded them was 132 mb. Something isn't working right there :mad:

Trying my third download now, from a third link.

Update: No matter where I download it from, it gets to around 132 mb and stops downloading. After the 4th download of only getting 132 mb, I give up for tonight...just not working.

Upvote 0
I tried copying it over to my phone also, 2.5, and got an error. Something about the device isn't present or something. Then I ran the Md5 check and it failed. I downloaded the file from another source and it failed the MD5 check. So, I looked at the size of the files. On the sites I was downloading them from it shows 179 mb. The actually file size I showed on my pc once I downloaded them was 132 mb. Something isn't working right there :mad:

Trying my third download now, from a third link.

Update: No matter where I download it from, it gets to around 132 mb and stops downloading. After the 4th download of only getting 132 mb, I give up for tonight...just not working.

Have you tried dnld'ing it with your phone instead?

Upvote 0
Has anybody restore a pre-JellyBean Nandroid since flashing a JB build? I've heard on Rootzwiki that it can cause some problems, just curious what all your experience has been? I don't think I'll want to stay on JakeDay's JB builds (or any other build/ROM) forever, and just making sure I won't have problems restoring old AOKP builds or flashing new ones in the future.

Upvote 0
Has anybody restore a pre-JellyBean Nandroid since flashing a JB build? I've heard on Rootzwiki that it can cause some problems, just curious what all your experience has been? I don't think I'll want to stay on JakeDay's JB builds (or any other build/ROM) forever, and just making sure I won't have problems restoring old AOKP builds or flashing new ones in the future.

Yeah 4 times. Maybe 5 can't remember....

Reactions: NSutherl
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones