• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM]JDX (formerly Jelly Belly) AOSP+ - v15 (7/28)

sorry for the delay!

i tried it on the experimental kernel and it didn't work either

so i decided to go into franco's kernel app and try it out and it worked fine

so i suggest buying his app (it has a bunch of other helpful features as well and works for franco and lean)

then go to settings and enable fast charge

This worked, thanks! Funny that Leantweaks didn't work, but another devs apps that makes other kernels works! Hah, but I also didn't know that his updater app includes Imoseyon/Leankernal options too. That's a nice plus, I didn't even have to switch kernels (stayed on Lean 4.1.0) and it enabled fast charge without issue :cool:.

It seems like the kernel versions showing up in the app are old though. Says the latest stable for Imoseyon is 3.10.0 and he's on 4.1.0 now, hah.

Upvote 0
more than likely you are experiencing hand off problems with the device. It could be the Rom. Did you have this problem in the past when you were on other roms or even stock? If you're in a bad coverage area usually this happens. For instance at home i have garbage reception and can hardly ever receive/send mms.

It was an issue on 3.1-3.4, and then addressed and fixed in the change log of 3.5, and now it isn't working again in 3.6

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Dang I hope nothing is busted on this one, I just flashed from 3.5 and it was flawless for me including very solid battery life on the stock kernel. I've been using my phone all day and was still at 60+ when I flashed 3.6 just now. Not bad by my standards.

Only thing I've noticed busted since 3.5 is MMS when WiFi on (other than Play Movies but that's never worked)

Upvote 0
This worked, thanks! Funny that Leantweaks didn't work, but another devs apps that makes other kernels works! Hah, but I also didn't know that his updater app includes Imoseyon/Leankernal options too. That's a nice plus, I didn't even have to switch kernels (stayed on Lean 4.1.0) and it enabled fast charge without issue :cool:.

It seems like the kernel versions showing up in the app are old though. Says the latest stable for Imoseyon is 3.10.0 and he's on 4.1.0 now, hah.

You are right, and those are the one that his app is finding...but I think its finding the Stable builds, right? I was noticing that too, since I am running the experimentals so that I can OC to 1650 and get access to interactivex governor which my phone happens to LOVE!! plus the added bonus of color and gama as well as the fast charge.

Woo Hoo!! Glad it works

Upvote 0
Lean Kernel never works for me on JB, it always causes my gnex to lock up either on the lock screen or scrolling through home screens. I've tried increasing the minimum clock speed but it does not help, I had 3 lock-ups in less than hour. Once I flashed Francos Kernel everything has been fine.

I've long been a LeanKernel fan, but I was having the same problem with my phone locking up multiple times a day on JB. I've stuck with the stock kernel for the last couple of days and have zero problems.

I may have to try Franco's again just because I'm a flashaholic.

Upvote 0
Well, this is curious.

In Clock mode (which I use nightly), I set the alarm for 7AM. Instead of saying "Alarm set for 7AM" on the main clock screen, it still says "set alarm".

The alarm is set, but Clock won't see it to display it. Let's see if I can set it up and it still go off...

EDIT: Yep, alarm went off, just not showing on the main screen :thinking:

Upvote 0
I just sent my wife an MMS over WiFi in about 10 sec. I have stock everything. (Except the power menu mod.)

Same here, except I'm on Leankernel 4.1.0. I just sent a friend a screenshot on WiFi with no issues. I'll try sending my wife one on her Rezound too and report back.

Where and what is this Power Menu mod you speak of? I don't see it in OP. I would like that too.. and my notification widgets back.. and my search button, lol.

Edit: Yeah, just sent an MMS/pic to my wife with no issues too while connected to my WiFi. Weird that you all are having issues with it.

Upvote 0
Just rebooted after boot looping 3+ times. I noticed my WiFi wasn't on, so I went into settings to connect to my home WiFi. After entering the password and pushing ok, phone rebooted, stayed on for about 30 seconds, then rebooted. Happened 3 more times before I pulled the battery and rebooted. Seems fine now and I'm connected to WiFi.

Eek a moment of scare for you I bet! Glad it panned out

Reactions: NSutherl
Upvote 0
I'm on 3.5 and mms over wifi isn't working for me either. I'm using handcent but I checked it in messages and tried to resend it from there...no go. Now that I think about it, my phone has done this since I've had it. I never really thought much about the fact that it was on wifi. It did this...on ICS as well. I can't guarantee that it was because of wifi, but mms gets hung whenever I'm at my house and I'm always on wifi here. I can't recall it doing it anywhere else.

One other thing I noticed is that my camera is super slow now. One of the selling points on this phone was the fact that it had virtually no shutter lag. I take tons of pictures of my 4 month old so its pretty important. And now I've figured out that I can't send them to the grandparents while I'm on wifi.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones