• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] MIUI (ViciousMIUI V4) - (updated 1/20/12)

jbdan

Extreme Android User
Jan 31, 2010
atl ga usa
Rom developed by Droid Vicious

Rom Link

I love MIUI and was an avid user/follower on my Incredible. My wife still runs it. It's the most aesthetically customizable ROM I've ever used. It is also, imo, the most intuitive and blends some iOS type aspects with Android.

I've waited for the major kinks to get worked out before giving MIUI a shot on the GN. There are still some bugs, expect some, but it's fun!

I'm leery of MIUI. I had it on one of my OG Droids and it was fantastic at first. However the quality got worse and worse with every week. Every new update I had more things broken. Eventually it got so bad I could not open anything on my phone except text messaging. I couldn't even make or receive phone calls anymore. Too bad because I really liked it at first. It actually worked really well and made my phone usable again. I had similar issues with CM7.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
I'm leery of MIUI. I had it on one of my OG Droids and it was fantastic at first. However the quality got worse and worse with every week. Every new update I had more things broken. Eventually it got so bad I could not open anything on my phone except text messaging. I couldn't even make or receive phone calls anymore. Too bad because I really liked it at first. It actually worked really well and made my phone usable again. I had similar issues with CM7.

I understand. That's how I feel about kernels and ROMs. Some of the first builds are often better than the most recent ones or "latest greatest".

MIUI, once perfected (imo) on the Inc, took many steps backwards at times, but development on it was so strong that fixes were almost immediate. It is in excellent status on the Inc and many other devices as well. This is the first of many to come I'm sure. We are so fortunate to be on Android and have so many options to cater to our wildly different tastes!

Reactions: trophynuts
Upvote 0
I'm with diablo on this one. It was never quite stable on my Droid. Also, I just have to have an app drawer. But, have to agree, it was quite beautiful looking. (and, it had some of the slickest wallpapers built in. Wonder if they're out there somewhere?)

I ran it on the Inc, w/o upgrading versions, for 3 months straight not one issue. My wife has been running it for almost 5 months and has had nary an issue on her Inc. I'm sure it is device dependent.

It takes a lot of getting used to. And no app drawer to many is actually more intuitive and organized. Just my opinion though. Freedom of choice is nice :D

Papers are over at the MIUI.US site but you have to scrounge through the forums to find I don't think they are all in one place. I do like their papers!

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones