• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Verizon] [ROM] Verizon ICSourcery Version 2.0 Release - The Magic Continues -

No idea on the gmail. but in tools there is a stock ics style theme. so that eleviates that problem. there are over 100 softkeys to flash in tools so thts easily fixed. as well as the black on black issues which we are aware there are a few but are mainly with apps we couldnt test. basic stuff in rom should be ok. but all is fixed if you install stock ics theme, Not sure what your talking about wizrd and worllocks stuff. we did tht more in version 1 but not in version 2.0 check your build number and make sure its version 2.0
let me know the build date so i can make sure you have right build.

gmail wise we havent had any reports of it crashing and havent seen it here so just dont know what is going on with that.
All of the other stuff is all fixable through tools.
If you prefer bamf thats cool. thanks for giving it a try.

Upvote 0
Just flashed this.
Haven't really had the chance to break it in as I'm at work. Pretty solid, but a few things:

-When I finished all of my reboots, upon meeting the 'new look' of my Nexus it felt very Dungeons & Dragons---almost high school-ish. This alone almost made me go back to BAMF.

Opinions vary.
-The removal of the Back, Home, and Recent buttons for the Medieval-esque fonts increased the desire to return to BAMF. Did not like them at all. Made the phone look cheap and like something an 8th grader would use due to an obsession with World of Warcraft.
Can easily be changed with soft key mods under tools.
-The initial theme is pretty good until you get to the black text on black background in some areas. I'm trying to figure out how to change this, but I have no luck so far.
There are many themes to choose from in theme manager, also under tools.
-Gmail keeps crashing and it will not update properly. If I can't get it fixed by tonight I'll have to return to BAMF. I definitely need my email system working on the phone with no interruptions.

Gmail has not crashed on me, but it would not update. I assumed that is due to the developers adding options to the gmail app, the one from the market complains about it not being signed. Maybe the devs can answer that.
Hopefully you didn't restore it from titanium backup.

The initial presentation is what threw me off. The premise/ write-up at the beginning here sounded great, but when I got to finally look at it I was not excited. I'm sure after things are tweaked and you get them looking right you can really have a great looking phone, but I would highly suggest removing all of the wizards and warlocks-themed stuff from the phone and going with a more clean look. I'm only 25 and I too felt that I was too old for something like this and wanted to return to the cleaned-up BAMF.

For me there is no need to remove those things from the ROM since you have the option to change them yourself.

If I can get Gmail working again I'll stick to this. There are a lot of options to play with and it looks great. I just wanted to share those thoughts with you all. They aren't exactly all rainbows and sunshine, but I wanted to get the bad points out of the way. Everything else looks pretty good. Thank you for your hard work with this.

My thoughts given.

Upvote 0
Reason we have themes is so everyone can find something that they like :) Not all themes are for everyone.

If you like the blue theme otherwise, you have over 100 font options to find one that you prefer. Can also select any number of soft keys that appeal to you.

In Settings > ICSourcery Tools > Scroll to the right and you will see an option called Theme Manager. Choose the ICS Stock theme. It will take you back to a more generic look and feel.

Of course many other themes that you can choose from as well. You have just scratched the surface on how many differentways you can customize the phone more to your liking :) Please feel free to ask anything, will be happy to help when/where I can

This is why I said I wouldn't give up on it so easily. I figured I was barely into the ROM seeing as I'm occupied with work, but I just wanted to put up my initial impressions/ suggestions.

Thank you so much.

Upvote 0
This is why I said I wouldn't give up on it so easily. I figured I was barely into the ROM seeing as I'm occupied with work, but I just wanted to put up my initial impressions/ suggestions.

Thank you so much.

Its been a busy day in team sourcery world. of this would of been done much earlier.

although i would still like your build date of what your running as this comment throws me
wizards and warlocks-themed
version 1.0 was themed as such. 2.0 is not.

As for gmail... although it has never crashed on anyone i have talked too.
themed gmail apps are difficult to update without removing the themed one and its been this way for ever.

So as we explain we dont need to put out a new build to fix your problems.

Goto tools/mods and last one is a gmail fix this will wipe the old gmail install the latest gmail and it will be updatable.

due to the version 2.0 theme there will be some black on black but wont be on the stock ics theme or some of the others.
Due to the themers changes they also change some apps to work with there themes this is one of them.

We are still learning theming for ICS and we are learning more each day and things are getting better as we learn more of it.

Upvote 0
The first thing I noticed was how much faster Task responds to input. On Stock (at least for me) it seems I have to press and hold and sometimes press again and then wait for the tasker to load. VERY annoying.

I tried out and BAMF and will now be returning to ICSourcery.

I did have a question though, when I go into ICS Tools to change font or battery style it often seems to hang when the ICS Magichat status bar finishes download.

Upvote 0
The first thing I noticed was how much faster Task responds to input. On Stock (at least for me) it seems I have to press and hold and sometimes press again and then wait for the tasker to load. VERY annoying.

I tried out and BAMF and will now be returning to ICSourcery.

I did have a question though, when I go into ICS Tools to change font or battery style it often seems to hang when the ICS Magichat status bar finishes download.

battery mods must be turned on in the modifications section under battery.

Upvote 0
Just picked up another nexus today and started looking through the rom threads to see what i wanted to flash (had only aokp on the first one). I saw the comment about wizards and warlocks and i thought to myself MUST FLASH THIIISSSS! must be the 8th grader in me :D . anyway, i love the initial look of the rom, its pretty sweet imo. goes with the name :) running great so far

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones