1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Rootable or not? , thanks.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by wmills, Oct 2, 2014.

1. wmills

wmills Lurker

I have a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 :
    device model is a SM-N900V, Current android version 4.4.2. baseband version N900VVRUCNC4, kernel version 3.4.0 dpiSWDD5020#1 Monday April 28th 16:42:37 KST2014, build number KOT49H.N900VVRUCNC4, hardware version N900V.07, security software version MDFv1.0 Release 2.

I have nothing on the phone right now so I figured it would be a good time to try and Root. Just being cautious here, and need some advice. I have read many threads here at XDA the last few days and cant seem to find out whether my phone is safely rootable or not. None seem to carry much of a guarantee that it will work right. I have found some good Threads on the topic but they are from 2013. I want to know what is currently working. Also what ROMS do you recommend that is stable and what method for installing them do you like the best, thanks in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrClean

MrClean Android Enthusiast

The only root method I'd use at this point is TowelRoot. It's simple and it works. If you google it you'll find their website and the instructions are straight forward. No method is ever going to guarantee that it will work. But there is almost always a way back if something gets messed up. Since you're already on NC4, you don't have as much to worry about, as far as something going wrong. You won't need to flash firmware.

As far as ROMs go, XDA has a pretty complete list. I like Jelly Beans and HD8. Heard good things about a lot of the others on there as well. Just follow the instructions on the ROM you choose to use. The title should say which one it's for 4.4.2 or 4.3, you want one that is 4.4.2. Follow the instructions for NC4 installations. Which should be just installing TWRP and the custom recovery, then flashing the ROM.

3. wmills

wmills Lurker

I will try thanks

4. mrao

mrao Member

Should work just fine on your phone. Your kernel date is earlier than June 3. However, You wont be able to flash a custom recovery like cwm or twrp dud to the locked bootloader. The best you can do is root it, and debloat. Xposed works fine, so you'll be able to customize it too :cool:

5. wmills

wmills Lurker

Towel Root worked fine, Knox is still at 0x0 too. It really sux that I cant put recoveries on it. I debloated the heck out of it and installed xposed and TiB,etc. More free space and RAM now, thanks for the help guys. If Anybody has any luck putting CWM or TWRP and such with the towelroot, let me know.

6. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

If you want to ROM the phone, download and install Safestrap and Busybox. You can then use a Safestrap ROM slot for your ROM (Hyperdrive is great) and leave the stock slot alone.

7. nickdalzell

nickdalzell Extreme Android User

Too bad none of the Lollipop ROMs currently out for this variant work with Safestrap. Limits ROM options to few.

8. darkcyber

darkcyber Android Expert

Well, I am currently on Biggin's ROM and love it...very smooth. This is after running Hyperdrive RLS8 and having some issues and moving to Jasmine and when I upgrade from 2.0 to 2.4.4 I lost mobile hotspot. So, my current favorite is Biggin's hand's down.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews