1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

[Verizon] running AOKP M5 and not using the features...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sessman, May 12, 2012.

1. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    San Diego
    Im currently running AOKP M5/LK basically exactly as my stock nexus was. I installed for better battery life, performance, and to also flash the new radios. My question is, since im not using the mass amount of features AOKP has would it be beneficial for me to run a different rom with less features but may have better battery life and such. I hear redemption is basically like stock, will the improvements be worth the flashing?

Advertisement

2. jmar

jmar Nexican
    None

Sep 27, 2010
    Male
    Sales
    San Jose, CA
    Redemption is an awesomely near stock optimized ROM for those who do not needed bells and whistles. The reason I run AOKP is because I can choose the level of customization that works for me. It all comes down to what you think you want/need. Both are great choices in ROMs. Be sure to follow flashing rules for each ROM. HAVE FUN!

jbdan and scary alien like this.
  3. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    San Diego
  4. NSutherl

NSutherl Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 6, 2011
    HVAC Design Engineer
    Los Angeles
    Have you flipped through all the available features on AOKP? Like you, I haven't gone too deep in the way of modifying voltages, colors, etc. but AOKP does have some nice and simple features like allowing the screen to rotate 180 degrees, nav bar options, status bar tweaks, etc... As far as battery life goes, I am seeing battery life that I never thought was possible on a phone like this. I've said it once and I'll say it again...AOKP M5 + LeanKernel FTW!!!

jbdan likes this.
  5. crankerchick

crankerchick Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    Since when does AOKP include radios??

Lots of people like bugless beast if for battery life and optimization without any of the other aesthetics or extra features like nav bar options, lockscreen options, etc.

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert
    None

Jul 15, 2010
    TN
    It sounded like he flashed the AOKP ROM after rooting so he could flash the radios as well, as in flash them separately. You are correct, AOKP doesn't contain the newest leaked radios yet.

Tags: