1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] S Voice not working ever since root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Simpatinate, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Simpatinate

Simpatinate Lurker
    None

Feb 7, 2013
    Male
    Los Angeles, CA
    I rooted my new phone right after I got it. Its working fine but S Voice wont let me do a bunch of stuff my last Verizon note 2 would. For example it wont set me reminders.

Im not sure if rooting caused me to not be able to update my phone but I am on Android 4.1.2 and I check for updates and there are none. I thought my last note 2 was 4.2.2. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    hello,

i do not have your phone, but since it is rooted you should not really update your phone. all you need to do is flash a rom that has the latest update cooked into it.

the sticky for this forum has some great links and suggestions of roms for you to try. in case you did not find the sticky here is the link:http://androidforums.com/verizon-ga...izon-galaxy-note-2-all-things-root-guide.html

also check out the threads in this forum, there are a few rom suggestion threads that might help you.

3. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    Male
    Web developer/IT
    Rooting by itself, should not cause the issue you're suggesting.

I DO have that phone and the latest is 4.1.2. :D

The only way to get 4.2.2 or 4.3 is a custom rom and you have to be careful choosing one. The ones that maintain the stylus apps and TouchWiz features are usually 4.1.2.

Have you tried tried clearing cache and data for S Voice? (settings... app manager... all... S Voice.)

Also 4.2 or higher alters your sdcard for multiple users and if you flash it, then return to a 4.1.x rom, you'll have to fix the sdcard to get your files back.

Mikestony likes this.