1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] S4 - NG6 root - Towelroot - Soft Crash on Screen lock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sheluvme, Oct 20, 2014.

1. sheluvme

sheluvme Lurker

Hi All,

Looking for some advice. I am a complete noob so please keep any advice basic.

I wanted to root my phone for a game and I was already on NG6 build - so i followed the instructions here:

I flashed to the old NC5, used towelroot, got phone rooted and then flashed to the NG6 file provided on that link.

I was able to get the phone properly rooted. Everything is working EXCEPT ->
    and it is quite random, sometimes it does and sometimes not, and it appears to not be specific to what apps I open.

When the screen is on and then times out to lock instead of locking it will go into a "soft crash".

It is a really weird reboot. One time I was connected conference call, where I could see my dial-in on the webex. My phone went into this "soft crash, but on the webex I could see that I never disconnected. Sure enough, when the phone came back up and I went to "phone" app, my phone was still connected and I was still on the call without redialing.

Anyways - any suggestions on how I can get this resolved and still keep root?

Thank You.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. sheluvme

sheluvme Lurker

3. sheluvme

sheluvme Lurker

could really use some help, getting constant crashes when screen display goes into lock mode.

4. Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg Lurker

5. Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg Lurker

Hard reset. .here is a little link howSamsung Galaxy S4 Factory Reset Hard Reset: Samsung Galaxy S4 Factory Reset Hard Reset - YouTube
    You will lose your data unless your backed up. Then I would suggest reread the NG6/NC5 post you read earlier and try again.

6. Fadtydawg

Fadtydawg Lurker

Your best bet since the NG6 build random reboots is to use Odin 3.09v and flash the NC5 build back...until there is a resolution to the rebooting issues with the new NG6 update.

7. SirEagle

SirEagle Android Enthusiast

Factory Reset got rid of the random reboots for me on NC6.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews