1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon S4 Pre-orders begin 4/25 - Release 5/30 [ UPDATED:release date changed to 5/23 ]

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by treb1797, Apr 24, 2013.

1. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Usually when I'm sleeping :)

I've got a very active groupme group, and I just use blocking mode so my phone doesn't explode all night long.

Most people I know that don't have this feature, WANT this feature.

Advertisement

2. charlie310

charlie310 Well-Known Member

3. Coolhands

Coolhands Newbie

It's here! Just have to wait 2 hours to activate it... :(

4. BzB

BzB Android Enthusiast

my s4 arrived around lunch! been engulfed in setup and configuration for a few hours. so far i'm impressed and my 64gb sd card is working perfectly. ;) :D

5. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Android Enthusiast

SOMEONE Post some pictures already! I'm waiting for in store so I can bill to account to give me time to sell my note 2.

6. Coolhands

Coolhands Newbie

Looks amazing :)

Attached Files:

7. LinkA8A0A

LinkA8A0A Member

My wife got home and BOTH of the phones showed up today, even though FedEx said hers wasn't supposed to come until tomorrow. Unfortunately, I get to stay here and tie out derivatives while she gets to play with the new S4. :thumbdown:

8. The Absolute

The Absolute Well-Known Member

Thinking hard about canceling my BB and going in store Thursday...someone convince me otherwise. LOL!

9. bikeral

bikeral Newbie

For what reason?

added... I remember now, your concerned about price match.

10. drpotter2807

drpotter2807 Well-Known Member

24.more. hours....

11. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Mine has finally showed movement from Memphis after being stuck there for a few days.

It has now departed from there.

12. cbaty08

cbaty08 Member

Mine just left Memphis this afternoon, and will be here tomorrow.

Can't. Fuggin. Wait.

13. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

FINALLY...YES! As of a few minutes ago (8:17pm), my device is at the local sort facility in FORT LAUDERDALE!

Out of Memphis :)

14. I received my S4 today (black mist) and it would not activate my new sim card no matter what I tried. I had to take it into a Verizon store and the tech manually activated it and now it is good to go. She thinks that because the release date is the 23rd, they may not "be set up yet."

15. Scutley

Scutley Lurker

Just to let you guys know. Mine is being delivered tomorrow, but where the tracking information is, it says it requires an indirect signature. I called FedEx up (1-800-GO-FedEx) and ask them is there a way to change it so I don't need to sign for it.

They said you can leave a piece of paper on your door with you signature and the date, and where you want them to leave it, and they will leave it that location. This only works for indirect signatures though.

I just wanted you to let you guys to know so you don't get home if you work all day like me, and find out it didn't come ,or have to make a separate trip because of a signature.

16. Scutley

Scutley Lurker

More than likely your local facility will get it late tonight, or very early tomorrow morning before they start their routes.

Actually it is probably on a plane flying in the air right now.

17. jlrosell

jlrosell Android Enthusiast

Mine arrived while I was at work. FedEx accepted the note I left for them as my signature and left it for me.
    Immediately activated it, put it right into my Spigen Slim Armor case. Left the factory screen protector on and went directly to the mall to get a legit one put on.
    Played with it a little and have it charging. Loving it so far.
    Lots of new features to learn coming from a Motorola Bionic. Cant wait till its charged so I can play some more.

18. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Mine as of 3 hours ago arrived at the Indianapolis Fedex Hub, its only about 10 miles east of me, cant wait until after work tomorrow.

19. GatorfanDroid

GatorfanDroid Well-Known Member

Just one more day of wait for in store pick up for me! I can't wait either. My thunderbolt is on a slim line here. i think I get more mad it because I don't have the s4 yet ha.

if your having seconds thoughts about BB price match. Just go do it! I got my local best buy to price match at Verizon so I'm paying 650 ( 600 with my gift card added to price) If not I will complain like a 12 year old kid! I wanted out of Verizon shitty protection plan.

20. jpetersen5

jpetersen5 Member

My order from NewEgg now shows 'Carrier Approval' with a check mark, so hopefully they are getting close to shipping out. Since they had free overnight, still a chance it comes tomorrow, but I'm going to bank on getting it Friday.

21. DanDroide

DanDroide Android Enthusiast

Date/TimeActivityLocation -

5/22/2013 - Wednesday
    7:42 amOn FedEx vehicle for delivery
    FORT LAUDERDALE, FL

[​IMG]

22. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 Well-Known Member

I had the same problem.

23. uncletony76

uncletony76 Lurker

Hell All this is my first post on Android Forums. I have used the site for many years and appreciate the helpful topics and all that you do.

My S4 from Verizon is arriving today, as of 0800 it is on the FedEx vehicle for delivery! :D

24. jimweda

jimweda Well-Known Member

As of 7:11 am mine is still at my local FedEx facility waiting to be delivered. Hopefully it won't miss the out going truck and will get here today. Hoping I don't have that issue with the new sim card.

25. djscoe

djscoe Member

I placed an online order at VZW with local pickup about a half hour ago. Unbelievably, I just got an email saying it's ready for pickup. I thought this wasn't going to be available until tomorrow. Pretty neat.

***Update*** Their mistake. The local store called and apologized and said I can't pick it up until tomorrow.

Samsung Galaxy S4 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S4 release date was April 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 5410 Octa processor, and 2600mAh battery.

April 2013
Release Date
Reviews