• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon S5 on Cricket?

not 100% true. The phones support different bands. And some S5's are not unlocked out the box like most Verizon phones are. I learned the hard way when I transfered my wife to cricket and her Verizon S5 didn't allow it. I had to rush to get her a new phone and sold her S5. But most are unlocked out the box. My Note3 did as well and plugged the sim in and it worked. The problem is getting the right frequency. The ATT/Tmobile phones are the best to use on cricket since they typically support all bands that those 2 carriers use. Verizon uses slightly different bands and don't get the best data rates in all areas. For example in one part of the city on my note3 I could get HSPA+ and when I switch to a Tmobile Note4 I could get LTE.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones