1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon S6 SM620V

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by David W Merkel, Jan 23, 2020.

1. David W Merkel

Hello, I had throwed my phone unto the floor in anguish and broke it a few years ago. Well it is fixed now. But when I turned it on I had to to a soft reset, I fixed it so that I could get old pics and data from it. Well it's not there. It was just the screen and digitizer that i replaced and the battery. I have spent 2 days trying to recover data to no avail. It is a G920VVRS4DQD1 if anyone knows for sure how to root and recover data I would really appreciate it.
    Family photo's and some of deceased that are cherished and very important to us.
    Thank you in advance for any advice and help.

Advertisement

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

You did a reset? Soft? What do you mean? How did you ensure you could get data from it? While it is on, you should connect to a PC with usb and look in folder structure. If nothing there then you can try recover deleted file program, I use Recuva.

ocnbrze likes this.
  3. David W Merkel

Hello Nightangel79.
    Thanks for the reply.... kudos.
    Hmm haven't tried it yet. Everything was stored on Internal memory.yes I waited for quite some time for the phone to show some life. Then I thought of the soft reset, of which you don't loose any data. Well data gone but phone booted up.i will try Recuva
    Thanks

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

soft reset? the only soft reset is clearing cache. any other kind of reset also wipes data. you can do a factory reset within the phone's settings or you can do a hard reset by powering off and then entering recovery mode (usually some kind of button combo's) and perform a factory reset from there. both will wipe data, however, so i'm not sure what you mean by a soft reset.

and by the way welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samsung Galaxy S6

The Samsung Galaxy S6 launched in 2015 as the company's flagship. It features a 5.1-inch screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution, 3GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and an impressive 16 megapixel camera.