• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon S9 and S9 plus not eligible for early upgrade

jmcook79

Android Enthusiast
Jan 1, 2013
Florida
I've been in contact with Verizon two separate times on chat, two times on the 800 number and I've called two different corporate stores. When I was going through the upgrade process on the My Verizon app to do an early upgrade from my S8 + to the S9 + it told me that my new device (S9) would not be eligible for early upgrade next year.

During the first chat they said that the S8 was only eligible if I bought it before 11/21/2017 which I did. The representative also told me that the Galaxy S9 was not going to be eligible for early upgrade just like the note 8. I initiated a second chat just to confirm and I was told the previous rep was wrong and it was eligible.

After this I decided to call two different local Verizon corporate stores and was told by both that the S9 isn't eligible. Apparently an email was sent from corporate saying that it was not eligible for early upgrade. Can anyone else confirm this?

I don't want to upgrade if it means I have to pay off my S9 when the S10 comes out next year. In that case I'll just wait...
Screenshot_20180313-141200.jpg

Update: I also contacted them two more times and got two different answers once again and then finally contacted them on Facebook messenger and got a little more information.
Screenshot_20180314-095817.png

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones