• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] safestrap wipe dalvik cache

sam007

Jun 26, 2010
guys

I am runing safestrap on my verizon s4. is it safe to do a wipe dalvik cache? I'm seeing some performance problems.

I guess wiping will only cause me to lose some application settings, login info, etc right?

Also there is a 'wipe cache' option in safestrap too - what's that?

Thanks

Wiping Dalvik cache will just cause the first reboot to take a LOT longer, because the phone has to rebuild the cache. (The cche is used to reduce the app loading time.)

Wiping the cache wipes the user cache - things that apps have cached because they might need them soon, and it's faster to load from local memory than to download them (or create them) again. You won't lose data, logind or settings in either case. It probably won't increase performance wither. (To be safe, do a Safestrap backup before doing anything. Then, at worst, you can do a Safestrap restore and try something else.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones