1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Samsung Allshare app???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dkl1, Dec 24, 2012.

1. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

So i've had a Samsung SmartHub TV a while now with all the fancy stuff it can do and basically I've only recently become interested in some of the features it has. One I'm trying to work with is the Allshare feature - I'm supposed to be able to stream anything from my S3 such as my photos and vids. I've been on YouTube searching and have seen a couple things about how to set it up but I'm wondering since I'm rooted I do not have the Allshare app that they are showing on the how-to videos.

Th Play store has a couple apps but get very low ratings. I tried dl'g one and it wouldn't play nice at all! In fact, it wouldn't even open. Anybody else have success connecting their S3 to the Allshare feature of their Smarty TV?! :smokingsomb:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Hey dkl1!
    Not sure what app will be able to help you out, but thought I'd respond, but I haven't used the Allshare feature.
    So here's my smart-alek comment cuz I like doin that to ya---set you phone up on your TV stand and put a giant magnifying glass in front of it:p

Just kidding of course but is Allshare a Samsung app?
    If so, will this help?
    Samsung Apps

Edit: found this in the Play Store:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.allShareControl

dkl1 likes this.
  3. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Lol!! I can't seem to get that darn magnifying glass to stand up very good :mad:

The Samsung link does not have my device as an option. And the Play store link is something I have tried already and if I can figure out how to get a screenshot uploaded, I'll show you what happens when I try to open it!...[​IMG]

Mikestony likes this.
  4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Ah, I see. Perhaps the way the app was designed/developed was for stock rom use.
    Now that you are running a custom rom, it won't work. That's the only thing I can think of. I'm no developer:p
    Also, that message is kinda funky "The AllShare Framework does not installed, the application will exit"
    "does not installed"?????
    Hmmm, I am not sure then there buddy:)

There were 2 apps similar in the Play Store. One had our device listed, the other did not. The one I linked I believe was the one for our device, no?

Edit: I'm sure you read the instructions on the app page yes?

dkl1 likes this.
  5. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

From working at Samsung, it basically has to be an app that supports dlna...your tv is connected to the network, right? You'd be surprised how many times I got that call, ans the tv was not connected...

Edit: try using iMediaShare

dkl1 and Mikestony like this.
  6. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Yeah I thought it was worded kinda weird too! And yes, I was wondering if the reason was because I'm rooted and that it only worked with stock ROM...

I have actually installed BOTH of the ones on the Play store, and both do the same...hmmmmmm :(

Yes it is connected! I will look at iMediaShare...thanks! :)

7. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Well Prinny...I think you may have solved this dilemma! I have dl'd the iMediaShare app and it appears to work - at least the app recognizes my TV (we're watching "It's a Wonderful Life" at the moment :p) so will try to stream something in a while! Thanks so much - Merry Christmas! :smokingsomb:

8. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

You're welcome! If you have any tv questions, pm me ;) Merry Christmas!

dkl1 likes this.
  9. I remeber once my PC brocked down. I couldn't swithc it on!
    So I opened up the case and disconnected, CD-ROM - not helped, than I disconnected HDD, than memore, videocard and still no result!

And then I see thar reset button is stuck inside the hole. I got it out - and it started to work!

10. Vyze

Vyze Lurker

I have a Galaxy Note 2 and you have to have stock ROM to use AllShare. AllShare is Samsung's answer to Apple streaming between iOS and OSX with the AppleTV. I've tried several custom ROMs that claim to have the AllShare framework installed and although I get the S-Pen functionality I can't steam (the devices see each other but can't connect). Other optics? Either connect the phone to the TV via ex - USB to HDMI or get a Google ChromeCast! GL

Currently running CM10.2 with Android 4.3

dkl1 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews