• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] Screen and Lockscreen Off Delay

wioneo

Nov 26, 2010
Is it possible to have the screen stay on until I manually press the power button while unlocked, but sleep after a set time while locked?

For example if I just press the power button and check the time, or it is accidentally pressed in my pocket, the screen will automatically turn off soon. However, if I wake up and unlock my phone, the screen will stay on until I press the button.

You mean the screen timeout when unlocked? menu/settings/display/screen timeout...max is 10 minutes.

As far as the lockscreen timeout, you want the lockscreen to display until you press the power button? As in, you wake the phone to the lockscreen, but want it to stay on until you "command" it to turn off?
Not sure on that one, unless there is a setting in the build.prop.

Did I understand your question correctly?

Upvote 0
I was asking about the reverse situation, that is to completely disable the automatic timeout while unlocked, but have a set timeout for the lockscreen. Currently the lockscreen timeout seems to be 10-15 seconds and I don't see a setting for that, which is fine, but I want to remove the unlocked timeout, which like you said has a max setting of 10 minutes.

Upvote 0
I was asking about the reverse situation, that is to completely disable the automatic timeout while unlocked, but have a set timeout for the lockscreen. Currently the lockscreen timeout seems to be 10-15 seconds and I don't see a setting for that, which is fine, but I want to remove the unlocked timeout, which like you said has a max setting of 10 minutes.

Ah, gotcha! The first thing that comes to mind, is a change in the build.prop settings. But where that would be, I don't know....I'd have to research that too.
Perhaps SURoot would know if he pops in here:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones