1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Self charging gnex

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kabachy, Apr 12, 2012.

1. kabachy

kabachy Newbie

I got the gnex the day it came out and don't usually let my battery below 25%. Well night I actually went down to 6% after listening to music and doing some face booking. Well after a few minutes, I checked my phone again and it went up to 7%. Didn't think much of it but then checked again after a few minutes and it went up to 9%. Thought it was weird and then about 30 minutes after my phone said 6%, my phone said 10%. I have never seen my battery increase overtime. As I am typing this, I have actually went down to 9%. Wonder if anyone else has seen this before. Maybe I will never have to charge again!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

Is this a root related question? If so, we can keep it here, but if not, I think you'll do better in the Main Gnex section. Can you help me out on this? Thanks!

Steven

3. PhilosoRaptor

PhilosoRaptor Android Enthusiast

Yeah, it's normal on this phone. I see it raise in charge while idle a lot, esp after any amount of constant usage. I'm guessing it's harder for the phone to estimate the charge while it's drawing a lot of power during usage, so when it goes idle, it is able to more accurately estimate the charge level, which results in it raising the percentage a little. I've seen mine go up as much as 5% or so after sitting idle. Usually right after I get done playing a game or doing something that's very resource intensive.

GalaxyNexus likes this.
  4. kabachy

kabachy Newbie

Not sure if it was a rooted question or not. Am rooted running aokp b31 w/ 3.1 lean. Never seen this before and thought might have to do with my recent rom/kernel updates. By all means and move to general if my appropriate. Mainly just seeing if this was common, a glitch in my phone, or something to do with my recent updates since never seen this before.

5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

I've heard of it also, haven't seen it on my phone yet. If it persists, just try a simple reboot or if it's persistent, go into clockwork > advanced menu and wipe battery stats once you get fully charged and see if that shapes it up.

If you still have it after that, throw it against a wall. I mean try a different rom/kernel combo. ;):D

Although after closer reading, B31 w/ lean is a pretty good combo that many have used so hopefully one of the earlier ideas work. It may just work itself out after a few days also. Battery reporting can be odd for the first several days on a new rom.

kabachy and GalaxyNexus like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews