1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Accessories Verizon Silicone Case Doubters: Read no more.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bgrutter, Jun 25, 2010.

1. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    So, I was at Busch Gardens, Williamsburg today with my brother and father. On our very first ride, just as we were screaching to a stop at about 40+mph, I looked down to see a black object go flying. Suffice to say, it did a couple hundred cart wheels across the metal grating, bounced off the coaster rails, and ultimately landed on the metal catch net another 5 feet below.

Unfortunately, I was not allowed to retrieve it, nor would the employees grab it during operating hours. So, i had to file a missing phone report and nervously wait (and subsequently gaze upon my phone from time to time as we rode over top).

So, when the park closed at 9, I was there, pleading for tuem to grab it. Mostly, I wanted to get my memory card, as I was certain the phone was trashed.

The security employee was having trouble seeing it, due to the darkening night. Then, another employee suggested one of use call it. I hadn't really considered that, do to the trashing it had most certainly received. But, we went ahead and tried. Immediately, it began to light up.

In the end, I stared at my phone only to discover that beneath the layer of dried slime, likely coming from the shoes of thousands of park visitors, was a perfectly sublime DInc.

I really can hardly believe it. My phone has no problems at all. The only damage incurred was a few mild scrapes to the corners of my case (I can deal with that).

Moral of the story: I will never again question the quality of my Verizon Silicone Case.

Advertisement

2. jasonb1985

jasonb1985 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Radio Shack
    nice! i like my silicon case. won't go anywhere without it.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    wow. I'm impressed. Not impressed enough to part with my gradient, though. ;)

4. vzwuser76

vzwuser76 Well-Known Member

I don't know Steven, I had the gradient case on my phone, but after worrying that taking it on and off (2 batteries) a lot, I decided to switch. To me it feels a lot slimmer and has better grip, but the grip is not so much that it's difficult to pull out of a holster or pocket. I still have the gradient case, because it does look sweet, but with the silicon it almost looks like it's part of the phone, not a separate case. If you go into a VZW store they'd probably let you try it on your phone (they did for me).:)

5. alison03

alison03 Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2010
    That is an awesome story. I feel great about the silicone case, I recently knocked it off a kitchen counter (doh) and it landed flat on its back with a loud SMACK. I completely freaked out only to find absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Side, semi-related story: We were walking out in the sun yesterday and passed this restaurant above us, about 1 story high. People were eating on the patio, and as if it was from the sky, a phone comes flying over the ledge and hits the ground. I pick it up and it's a (now shattered) iphone in a fancy little case. uh oh. Brought it up to the table and the guy looked completely crushed.

icarius likes this.
  6. icarius

icarius Active Member

Sep 7, 2009
    Good story.

7. ramcharger1979

ramcharger1979 Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Managment
    Boise, ID
    Just curious are you also running a screen protection?

8. Rippin508

Rippin508 Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Male
    Wow, that's impressive.:)

Glad to hear it wasn't destroyed.

9. bgrutter

bgrutter Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2010
    Sorry for the delayed response. I'm currently using the Standard Verizon Screen Cover. Many people complain about it, but it suites my needs.

10. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2010
    Great to hear a happy story like this bgrutter.

So, iPhones are committing suicide at the feet of Incredible owners now. Or, was it trying a kamikaze maneuver and missed you?

Feel kind of bad for the owner. But, he's better off in the end really.

11. Ovy

Ovy Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    I was just at Busch Gardens Williamsburg a month ago!

I left my phone in the car =P

would never risk taking anyhting expensive into an amusement park. Just begging to throw it off a coaster or get it wet on the log flume.

12. Professional

Professional New Member

Jul 6, 2010
    I have the Verizon black Silicone Case, Just another testimonial, A friend and I were sword fighting (Bokkens, wooden mock swords) and I had my phone in my cargo pangs. Before receiving my phone I hadn't had one for about 2 months so I'm still getting into the habit of carrying one plus it's so small and light you could lose it in a pair of cargo pants.

I lost it in a pair of cargo pants. I get swung on, and the contact is made on the leg and I'm BARELY able to parry but I still get struck in the leg directly on the phone (Btw, I prolly would have died in a real swordfight). My heart sunk as I went to go check it. Not a scratch. Not a dent. Nothing.