1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] so frustrated. .

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by krisdezzy, Jun 18, 2013.

1. krisdezzy

krisdezzy Well-Known Member

So WHAT rom has the correct md5s I hate how its No match and I cant find any other download link like the carbon rom... and I'm running cleanrom v6.0 r2 and it won't make me do a software update someone please give me the list of roms with link that's right. I'm really frustrated. And if I want to unroot and go back to stock stock so I can just re-live the easy life and update any time there is a OTA. I need to talk to someone that's on most of the time.:mad::mad::thinking:

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TALONTRAX

TALONTRAX Android Enthusiast

Not exactly sure what you're asking . . . Are you looking for a rom that accepts ota updates ? Only the stock Verizon rom will accept automatic ota updates. Some roms have nightly updates, & are appropriately called"nightlies". You're running CleanRom 6R2 . . . Which will have updates/upgrades periodically, but you have to check xda for them on your own.

3. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Is THIS what you're looking for?

4. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

Goomanager has the latest nightly and stable ROMs for Carbon ROM.

5. krisdezzy

So I DONT have to unroot to get ota? Just flash this rom thank god I thought I have to unroot what's the difference between odex and de odex

6. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

you can download a rooted OTA, yes

7. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

"... Odex and Deodex, the difference between the two is the way that applications (apk files) are packaged. Odex is the stock way, and Deodex is repackaged, if you're looking to make minor modifications or do a little themeing then you want Deodex because 99% of theme's are built for Deodexed ROMS." This is an excerpt from THIS article on XDA-Developers website. I found this in the stickey link by Mikestoney at the top of the "All Things Root" page for the SGS3. Hope it helps :)

8. krisdezzy

So with the deodexed I can theme but with the odex I can't. Idc I just want stock roms for now and eait for 4.2 or 4.5 in the future..I also want emojis but can't figure how to install.. I need a video

dkl1 likes this.
  9. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

I'd bet there's something on YouTube?

10. valorian

valorian Android Expert

If you are rooted it is advisable to NOT do OTA updates from your carrier. Once you change to a custom ROM only install updates from the developer of the ROM you are running.

dkl1 likes this.
  11. krisdezzy

Interesting so when 4.2 comes out just flssh the 4.2 stock rom? And why not get a ota??

12. GTWalling

GTWalling Android Expert

A rooted phone usually will not accept an OTA from the Carrier without problems.

dkl1 likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews