1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] soft brick gs3 on 4.3 after root

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jmharrison, Dec 29, 2013.

1. jmharrison

jmharrison Lurker

OK i odend back to stock 4.1.2 and took the upgrade to 4.3. i casual rooted and that worked great. then i dis-sided to put TWRP on the phone from goo manager. I new it was a bad idea but I did it anyway. now I have the yellow triangle off death telling me to take it to Verizon. So I tried to oden back to stock with the soft brick root66. Still the triangle of death. Dose any one have a solution.

2. tensazan

tensazan Android Enthusiast

So you currently have the stock recovery flashed, and it's still giving you the yellow triangle?

3. jmharrison

jmharrison Lurker

It wont even let me go to the stock recovery any more. now if I do all the buttons to get to recovery it tells me that firmware upgrade was unsuccessful . I tried to use Kies to flash stock 4.3 and it fails. It gives me a recovery code to try on a different PC witch also does not work. I think I really messed it up this time.

4. jmharrison

jmharrison Lurker

i suppose no one else was stupid enough to do what I did.

5. tensazan

The only thing I can think of to try is to see if you can find the 4.3 recovery since you took the ota, and see if you can flash that with Odin. The issue with the 4.3 ota is it gives us Knox, and an updated bootloader, which casual can't unlock.

6. jmharrison

jmharrison Lurker

Mikestony likes this.
  7. tensazan

Cool, glad you got it working again

8. jmharrison

jmharrison Lurker

Now I wish I could unlock my boot loader on android 4.3.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews