1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Some TiBU items not restored

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dkl1, Dec 27, 2012.

1. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

I just flashed a different ROM last night but I noticed there are several things that didn't restore from TiBU such as:
    • VZWAPNLib 8.0
    • VpnDialogs 4.1.2
    • Com.verizon.permissions.vzwappapn 1.0
    • 3 more com.* items

Are all these necessary for the proper functioning of the ROM? I am guessing yes. But for whatever reason, they simply refuse to restore - even individually. Help! :eek:

CleanRom 5.5.1

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Are those system apps from the last rom? If so, don't restore system apps. :)
    I just use TB for user apps that I have downloaded along with/without the data for my apps.

dkl1 likes this.
  3. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Thanks Mike!

I'm not sure (is the short answer!)...all I did was follow THIS tutorial to the 'T' but that's when I noticed that some were not restoring. Funny thing is that there was no color coding of the files as normally seen in TiBU. So, I was not sure 'which' file was a 'system file' or what.

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Oh yeah, I remember reading that thread...I just have to re-read it to find out her process. It's probably different than mine.
    And there was no color coding in TB? odd...usually system apps are in red, and user apps are green but I dont remember now...I'd have to look on my phone:)

dkl1 likes this.
  5. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

That is correct...

Even now, when I open TiBU and scroll to bottom of the list of files, all the ones not installed/uninstalled are there with a line thru them but they are grayed-out..

:thinking::thinking: Not sure I will EVER be proficient enough at understanding all this stuff to be a 'confident' helper :mad:

6. Metfanant

Metfanant Android Expert

anything that is necessary for the proper functioning of the ROM is going to be installed during the flashing process...nothing from TiBu is going to be necessary to restore...

dkl1 likes this.
  7. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert

Makes sense when put like that! :D

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews