1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] SOS HELP (please)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Old Member, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Old Member

Old Member Android Expert

I was running Liquid Jelly and LOVING it. I noticed that my photos in my favorites were fuzzy so foolishly I went into Titanium and restored data for contacts storage. It recommended a reboot, but it would not reboot beyond the white Google screen. No problem right? So I did a battery pull and went into Clockwork Mod and wiped data, cache, and davlik cache then clicked restore from my last nandroid backup. It continues to fail. No problem, I just go to the nadroid before that, it fails, no problem I will restore my last good nandroid before that even though it is ICS, it fails.

Frustrated I think I will just go and reinstall from a clean install but I had deleted the Liquid zip files. No problem, I plug my phone into my laptop and attempt to mount the SD card and drop the file on my SD card but it won't mount now.

Now what do I do?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Old Member

OK using ADB PUSH I used THIS METHOD to push liquid_toro_beta1.zip to my SD card but when I look for it I can't find it. When I type "dir" in adb it shows that it's there but no other files. This tells me that it's pushed to my phone but not on my SD card. Help please.

3. Old Member

Although I couldn't find it using the above method, I installed the Quick ADB Pusher GUI and pushed the file again and this time it showed up on my SD card. I installed and am awaiting it to boot up. Alas, I am still stuck on the Google screen. As I read more I think I may be a victim of Jelly Bean Boot Up Problems :mad: This sucks.

All because I was so greedy and wanted clear, not grainy pictures.

4. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

well when i hit that problem of not being able to restore nandroids and whatnot, i copied everything from media to my computer, wiped EVERYTHING, and took it completely back to stock. this took some time because copying 10GB from phone to computer, and then back to phone was a PITA.

did you try reflashing your ROM?
    also, you should switch from CWM to TWRP recovery.

5. Old Member

YYYYYAAAAAAY! It booted. Whew. Now all I have is the headache of reinstalling apps. It coulda been worse.

Mods, feel free to do what you will with this thread since I have been the only contributor feel free to delete it or leave it in case someone else will find this info useful.

6. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

also, every time i flash a ROM, dirty or clean, I go through my gallery and reset my contacts pictures. There may be an easier way, but this works fine for me.

7. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

The answer for sharper phone contacts is HD Contacts

Nevermind, I see you got it to work.

Did you rename your backups and add spaces in the file names?

8. Old Member

OK, now I'm totally confused . . .

I wiped data (x's 3), wiped cache (x's 3) and wiped davlik (x's 3) a few times during this whole process. When I flashed the ROM I assumed it would be a clean wipe. When my phone booted, EVERYTHING was as I left it.

Let me say this again, I did NOT flash a recovery, I flashed a the ROM brand new and somehow it's as it was on my last boot up.

How is this possible.

9. colchiro

How long did you wait for it to boot before assuming it was looping?

JB does a file integrity check if it thinks there might be issues. That can take several minutes too. :D

10. Old Member

I waited 30 minutes and it didn't move.

11. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

What recovery are you using? Use team win

12. Old Member

Can anyone tell me how this is possible? I thought that when I wiped data, cache and davlik cache I had no ROM left. Somehow all of my pages, widgets and apps were there.

I did lose some modifications. I had to reflash dark SMS, popcorn kernel, blue softkeys, and blue centered lockscreen but everything else was still there. This is a first for me. Any insight?

13. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

What recovery are you using? The newest clockwork has had issues. May not have wiped properly. Twrp 2.2.0 recovery is rock solid.

colchiro likes this.
  14. colchiro

Good catch! Guess we keep you around for a reason.... :D

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

How is that HD Contacts app? My biggest pet peeve was that contact pictures resets to the fuzzy, low-res picture even though I spend hours getting high quality pictures for each of my contacts. In fact, that's what's kept me from flashing new ROMs over and over again.

16. colchiro

17. AnotherFatalEpic

AnotherFatalEpic Android Enthusiast

That's odd, unless it was backed up on the SDCARD somehow? Maybe the other poster is right, and you weren't getting clean wipes with the recovery you are using (which might also explain all the issues with restoring).

I strictly use CWM recovery, but I always download ROM Manager, and use the option within that app to flash CWM. There are newer versions that it will mention after you flash (touch recovery, etc.) but I always cancel and just stick with the regular one. No issues so far...

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews