1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root [Verizon] Strange Occurrance.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by digzd3, Aug 7, 2013.

1. digzd3

digzd3 Lurker
    None

Aug 7, 2013
    Hey everyone,

So I upgraded my phone from a D2G to a VSGS3 this past Sunday and attempted to unlock my bootloader with open1your1eyes0 guide over on the xda forums. I double checked everything before proceeding. When I got to the step where you flash the VRALEC bootchain, I made sure the MD5 was verified. Everything checked out and I flashed the bootchain with correct phone drivers installed, auto-reboot and F. reset time checked, VRALEC.bootchain.tar.md5 opened through PDA section, and made sure ODIN was communicating with my device. After the process completed my phone reboots, flashes an image I was unable to recognize because of how quickly it showed up, and when I go to boot my phone, nothing happens. I tried to boot into recovery but that failed as well.

The good news is I was able to exchange my phone for a new one without much of an issue. The employees seemed pretty clueless and said it was a "power" problem.

I'm really baffled as to what happened. I've rooted and unlocked plenty of my old droid devices and am normally extremely careful with making sure I have the correct tools, etc. I'm now hesitant to attempt the process again as the first experience of bricking a phone has somewhat traumatized me.

Thanks in advance for any responses!

~Digz

Advertisement

dkl1 likes this.
  2. dkl1

dkl1 Android Expert
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Male
    General contractor
    Centerville, OH
    Hey Digz a great big ol' WELCOME to the Android Forum! Not familiar with the "...open1your1eyes0 guide over on the xda forums." but I'm confident there will be one of our super-duper heros latching on to your post real soon :D

Now I am not what I consider an expert by aaaannnnyyy stretch of the imagination but if I can do this then you can certainly get it done :)

It's been so long ago when I rooted / unlocked my device that I can honestly say I don't remember what guide I used. But I would not hesitate to follow the guide in the link below and you will likely be another happy rooted user!

The LINK!

Mikestony likes this.
  3. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±

Sep 10, 2010
    Male
    Next to you
    Welcome digzd3!
    I see dkl1 has given you a warm welcome:)

I have used that procedure you tried and I was successful with it.
    Can't say I know what went wrong, but if you would like to try it again, we can try to walk you thru it.
    Or, you can try the new One-Click method that some have tried and succeeded with:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2332825

(that method is in the Link dkl1 provided)

Let us know:)