1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Verizon support on Twitter fielding a lot of reboot questions - working on it.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vance, May 16, 2011.

1. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 28, 2009
    If you go to the @vzwsupport Twitter page you will see that a huge chunk of their responses are to TB owners with reboot questions. All they say is that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.

Advertisement

2. mdeblaz

mdeblaz Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 29, 2010
    they say that now... but VZWSupport is notorious for backtracking on their tweets and saying they didn't mean to say what they said.

It's ridiculous that they released this OTA with the known reboot problem. How many times have they held back an OTA for testing purposes and rejecting the build they're testing - Droid X ring a bell?

I have a feeling this OTA was simply a test of the LTE network to see how well it handled an OTA. The real update - Gingerbread - should be close behind. Especially with a leak coming out today: Gingerbread Test Build Leaks for HTC Thunderbolt - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

3. T_VASS

T_VASS Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 1, 2011

That does make sense about the test of the ota and the leak. I'm very tempted to go talk to a very knowledgeable rep at my VZW store this afternoon

4. exmeaguy

exmeaguy Member
    None

Feb 21, 2011
    Male
    Cranberry Twp, PA
    This phone has been nothing but a piece of junk with the daily multiple reboots. I really want to love this phone but the love is gone. I am very upset that Verizon released this phone, and the 4g network. At first it was supposed to be from a bad SIM card, then I was putting blind faith that the new OTA would correct the problem. I have lost hope.