• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

verizon tablet qtair7 question

corvairbob

Android Enthusiast
Jan 3, 2013
i have a verizon 10.1 tablet model qtair7. i only use it for monitoring my security cameras, but along the very top of the screen i'm always getting some type of notices. when you pull down the top of the screen and you get that drop down and in that under the time date etc those notices in the white background.

what i want to do is just turn them off forever. i wind up with hundreds in a week and that uses up memory and makes the table slowdown or even start using so much battery that it will not keep up and then shutoff

i went into the running apps and turned off every one of them for notifications, and i still get these.

so is there a way to just plain turn these off? i just do not need them for what this tablet is doing. thanks

Im not familiar with you specific device but if there user apps force stop, clear data and uninstall. Although, I'm guess they must be system app, in that case try force stop, denie persmissions, clear cache and if possible Dissable.
thanks i did that for every app. running and not running. somehow or some where i must have missed one.

ok i just went in and forced stopped everything that was not google related , but for the 5 apps i have on the tablet i use. tinycam speed test a dr. evisit and one called amp to check on the charging of this because it has a time staying charged.

that is one reason i disable a ton of apps before. now i have force stopp the rest. i may go ing and disable the phone stuff and the verizon stuff as i do not use it for anything but that tinycam app. so lets see how this works thanks

Reactions: MrJavi and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
somewhere in your tablets settings there should be away to shut off notifications. you might also have to go to the individual apps like your email app and go to their settings to turn off notifications as well.
yes i did that thnks. i turned off every notification i can find. so for now doing what you suggested i will give it a few days to see if it helped. if it did i may then go in and disable them starting with the phone and email apps and keep going until they stop.

normally i think i would not have much of an issue but this tablet came to me with a charging issue that i did not know it had. hence i got a total refund. i had to get a power supply that puts out 5 amps to keep it going, and run an app that tells me how the battery is taking the charge. if i knew for sure it was the battery i would just get another one but they are like 40$ on ebay so for now having everything turned off helps, but when i see a ton of notices along the top the charge starts to fail and when it turns off i see hundreds of notices.

so let me try this now for a week and see. i will let you know how it goes. again thanks for the reminder.

Upvote 0
ok after going into the all apps and doing a force stop, i went back a few days later and they were all back on. so this time i went in and disabled everything that did ot have a android robot or have google in the name, but for google messages. today i did not see any new notices long the top left of the screen.these are what i disabled and maybe someone can tell me if i need to enable some or not.
amazon
amazon kindle
android live wallpapers
amazon appstore
audible
calculator
calander
calander storage
cloud
cloud print
contacts
contacts storage
dialer
doc's
drive (googles drive icon)
email
gmail
google japanese input
google play movies and tv
google play music
google play newsstand
google text to speech engine
hangouts
maps
messenger+
musicfx
my infozone
my verizon mobile
photos
sheets
slacker radio
slides
talkback
verizon login

so if anyone happens to know if i can turn on any of these as they will not cause the notice issue let me know. other wise i will just leave it as it seems to be working just fine like it is. thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones