• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Verizon Tech here - ask away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Viper -
Thanks for helping in the forum. Question:

post 2.0.1 update the email application seems to continually crash now, where before it worked just fine. (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. This happens with the sync running in the background, or even when trying to just read emails. Reset the device already and removed all but the base applications. Any idea?

Also: is there a way to transfer a live call between Bluetooth devices? For instance, Droid pairs with my car bluetooth for access to dialing and volume controls on the steering wheel, but I reach my destination and want to transfer the call live to my headset. Have not seen a way to do this with an active call.

Thanks!

Upvote 0
Hi There, I have the Motorola Droid. I use mail.org for my e-mail, but I cannot set it up, I think I need to do the manual setup and change the incomming "imap" and outgong "imap" info....do you know what that might be? I have e-mailed them but they responded with a answer that did not respond correctly to my question....then I did not hear back from them. Thanx in advance....Wildpony61

Upvote 0
Hey everyone. I just registered for this site. Seems like a great place to be. I do Tech Support for Verizon in-store and know all of the phones pretty well. I am here to answer any questions you might have (let's try to keep it related to the Droid) that you might not have the answer to. Please keep in mind, I'm not a developer and I'm not going to be able to tell you that why such and such app isn't working on your phone. I'm here to answer questions related to Verizon and how the Droid works with Verizon's network and any tech related questions related to the Droid.

Feel free to ask whatever questions you have, and mods, if there is a better place for this thread, please feel free to move it
smile.gif
Thanks guys. I look forward to helping you.
hey viperbboy
i have a question about my htc droid eris
i have heard verizon replaces phones that have broken a certain amount of times in one month
what phone would i get if my droid eris broke that certain amount of times in one month?
thanks!

Upvote 0
oh man I can't believe I missed this, but to the poster asking about setting up yahoo email, it's easy. I have done this, you need to do the manual set up, I did this in store for a customer right after another Rep told me that it couldn't be done LOL. It's very easy, something like pop.mail.yahoo and smtp.mail.yahoo, sorry I don't remember exactly, it's on a list we have available to us on infomanager, works everytime though, just followed the instructions.. I will find it tomorrow and post the settings. Ya, if you do it the automatic way it won't work, yahoo wants that $10 per year LOL.

Upvote 0
Ever since the update I have had issues with sound, specifically the external speaker not playing. Also when I am dialing a number and it is ringing in the "ear" speaker it is silent. But when I hit speaker phone the call is in progress. The only way I have found to temporarily fix the issue is to turn the phone on and off. This only works for a short time. Anybody else having this issue?

Any thoughts on a fix???:thinking:

Upvote 0
oh man I can't believe I missed this, but to the poster asking about setting up yahoo email, it's easy. I have done this, you need to do the manual set up, I did this in store for a customer right after another Rep told me that it couldn't be done LOL. It's very easy, something like pop.mail.yahoo and smtp.mail.yahoo, sorry I don't remember exactly, it's on a list we have available to us on infomanager, works everytime though, just followed the instructions.. I will find it tomorrow and post the settings. Ya, if you do it the automatic way it won't work, yahoo wants that $10 per year LOL.

Nice Trick would really help me a lot if you can post.

Thanx

Upvote 0
My GPS stopped working. The signal at the top keeps blinking and I never get a fix anymore. Uninstalled all apps that use gps except google maps.
Restarted phone, pulled battery. Nothing seems to work, the gps keeps trying to get a fix but never is. Any work around ?
My next try is to reset the phone.

edit: Talked to a verizon person, He advised to un-install google maps (it reverts to the factory installed), restart phone, re-install the google maps update, start maps again, quit maps, restart phone.
Worked for me.

Upvote 0
I have a big problem with my call quality. I got the phone about a week ago and while everyone I call hears me perfectly clear, I hear alot of static and their voice sounds muffled. This gets even worse with any kind of background noise. Everyone I know locally that has Verizon has clear sound quality on their phones(non-Droid).

I've tried *228, EVRC-B, 13K, battery pulls, killing all tasks, even getting a replacement. The new one does the same thing. Running 2.0.1 since I bought it.

Is there anything else I can try? Another replacement? I really love the phone and would hate to get rid of it because of something so simple.

Upvote 0
This is the third time this has happened. The green light is flashing, however, when I press the power button the phone won't wake up. Twice it has done this during the night and the alarm won't go off in the morning and of course, nothing works. The only way I have found to fix it is to pull the battery. Any suggestions or has anyone else had this issue?

Upvote 0
I bought a Droid in early November and haven't had any problems until now. When trying to sync my Gmail contacts I get an !error which says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". It has been a week since I was last able to sync without getting this message. Any ideas? fixes?

Upvote 0
I bought a Droid in early November and haven't had any problems until now. When trying to sync my Gmail contacts I get an !error which says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly". It has been a week since I was last able to sync without getting this message. Any ideas? fixes?

Upvote 0
Hey everyone, I am sorry to do this, but it is hard for me to keep up with multiple forums and remember to visit every forum. I have a thread like this on droidfourms.net. That is going to be my "home base" so to say. Please post over there if you still need assistance.

Please understand, that I don't have all the time in the world to get to numerous forums so having this all in one place would be best. I am NOT trying to advertise for them or anything - the thread there just seems to have gained alot more interest. I hope to see you guys over there.

Verizon Tech here - ask away! - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
Hey, not sure how to post this or explain this. When I make a call I get the dial pad and then it quickly switches over to an Android screen or ad and then back to the dial pad. When I end the call it goes back to the Android screen/picture and stays there until I select the home button or anything else. Is this an ad that Verizon put on there? I already know and bought into this phone and Android OS. I don't need to be reminded every time I make a call. So is there anyone else experiencing this and can it be removed? It really is quite annoying as I use the speaker phone often and I have to wait for the screen to go back into dial pad mode. Anyone... anyone please advise. Thanks.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones