• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Verizon] The SuperUser Binary (su) must be updated

hey guys, I just tried to root my Samsung GS4 with motochopper and I got that message when I try to open Superuser App (The superuser binart (su) must be updated).

Is there a solution for this? Can I root with Odin after I tried with motochopper?

Please help me, the info of my device is

Model number: GT-I9505

Android Version: 4.2.2

Baseband version: I9505XXUBMGA

The S4 is International unlocked

Thanks

Upvote 0
hey guys, I just tried to root my Samsung GS4 with motochopper and I got that message when I try to open Superuser App (The superuser binart (su) must be updated).

Is there a solution for this? Can I root with Odin after I tried with motochopper?

Please help me, the info of my device is

Model number: GT-I9505

Android Version: 4.2.2

Baseband version: I9505XXUBMGA

The S4 is International unlocked

Thanks

Natticon- this is the VZW subforum most of the info here won't apply to you and could damage your phone.

Try posting in the below link to get the best info. for your phone.

(International) Galaxy S4 - All Things Root - Android Forums

Upvote 0
Hi Nacttion, sorry to hear your having trouble rooting your phone and that people don't know what is the problem because all they can say is post somewhere else meaning ask someone else. I know cause I checked other post on this topic in other forums say the same "post in another chat/forum" well just ignore them and hope someone will know how because its not working for me either on my Samsung galaxy I just bought about 2months ago. When I open the Superuser app and try both install and Recovery Install get error: Install, There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer. When I hit OK it opens the app and says "There are currently no Superuser app policies. Even checked using Root checker app and says device does not have proper root access. Anyone out there know about this?

Upvote 0
Hi Nacttion, sorry to hear your having trouble rooting your phone and that people don't know what is the problem because all they can say is post somewhere else meaning ask someone else. I know cause I checked other post on this topic in other forums say the same "post in another chat/forum" well just ignore them and hope someone will know how because its not working for me either on my Samsung galaxy I just bought about 2months ago. When I open the Superuser app and try both install and Recovery Install get error: Install, There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer. When I hit OK it opens the app and says "There are currently no Superuser app policies. Even checked using Root checker app and says device does not have proper root access. Anyone out there know about this?

You don't just install Superuser and have root. That's just an app to access root. The root file is su and has to be written to the system of the phone using exploits and currently there are none I guess for the latest update. Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones