1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Verizon told me NO 2.2 EVER for FASCINATE!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vetteguy112233, Jan 15, 2011.

1. suXor

suXor Well-Known Member

I will run the risk of estimating (based on current activities) that 2.2 will release by the end of Feb.

nitsuj17 likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

interesting ;)

i think it would be kind of ridiculous for the mesmorize to release froyo first (i think thats scheduled for march)

3. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Hmmm...Samsung doing something ridiculous...yeah that'll never happen...that'd be like the Acclaim getting Froyo before us...:rolleyes:

If it wasnt for that hardware and the non-locked down-ness [just made that term up now]

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yeah the rather uninspiring acclaim (no offense to those who have it/use it...just relative to the galaxy s phones) is one issue

but the mesmorize is a knock off of the fascinate...so it d be akin to the little brother beating you in basketball....just aint right :eek:

but then again...many things samsung/verizon seem to do "aint right"

5. Rawrberries

Rawrberries Lurker

Quick question: I'm a new smart phone user... my old phone was upgraded every 2 years, is it the same with these smart phones? I don't want to have this phone anymore...

6. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Are you still within 30 days of purchase? If not your probably stuck

7. Rawrberries

Rawrberries Lurker

Nah I waited because I was told when I bought the phone and the last day of my trial that it would be out in a week or two.. plus I like the phone. Just want to be freaking up to date

8. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

We all have our reasons for wanting 2.2....but what exactly do you feel you.are missing by being on 2.1?

9. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Android Expert

Cuz 2.2 is a higher number.:D

annarbor, Rawrberries and nitsuj17 like this.
  10. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga

Listen to this man and not verizon reps.

Besides suxor saying so vzw has to release it or they will face class action lawsuits like has already started over the the vibrant. Vzw and sammy dont want lawsuits they will release it

11. ironhorse

ironhorse Android Enthusiast

More stupid rumors.

12. Avalanch3

Avalanch3 Member

Well, you are both right and wrong... True a user needs variety, but instead of updating a phone that has the capable hardware, Samsung chooses to release another phone with slightly better specs and the newest software. If Apple took on that persona, they'd be at iPhone 40 by now.

13. framon

framon Lurker

I just keep kicking myself for not going with the droid x lol I might have to end up rooting this thing after all

14. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

It's funny, I played with the X and Fascinate for quite a while in the store prior to buying the Fascinate (Droid 2 for a short time).

The Fascinate won because it seemed a near perfect upgrade/transition from my Eris (minus the trackball), form factor wise, etc.

The X still looks great to me, though.

15. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yeah the x was a good phone...just again my thoughts on motorola lead me to ditch it :)

16. framon

framon Lurker

Well I was already running 2.2 on my droid but contract was up so I had to get a new phone :cool: I liked both the X and the Fascinate but I went with the Fascinate because it fit in my pocket better and I was assured by the rep that 2.2 was "on it's way soon!" lol My bad for believing, but this is gonna be the last samsung phone i ever buy

17. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

im sure you wont be the only person who avoids samsung after this :eek:

18. rwrife

rwrife Member

Chrome 2 Phone.

19. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

yeah i know the advantages...i was just asking that particular poster :)

20. AVP

AVP Newbie

Yeah, just looking at the big picture. It seems like Google would be alienating cell companies if they were to hold out on the updates to the OS. I don't believe the VZ guy in the least bit.

21. phonefiend

phonefiend Member

LOL, thanks for the laugh. "Google owns the coding". Also love all these "customer service guy told me so" posts.

22. DawnGP143

DawnGP143 Android Enthusiast

I was on the phone with a VZW level 3 support tech after the DL09/Mac debacle....

He actually SUGGESTED that I root, and that if I did and installed a Froyo build, that would fix the Mac problem. When I explained to him that because I had SO much trouble with this phone, I was afraid to root it and void the warranty, he said "Oh, they never check that".

23. Member138406

Member138406 Guest

Lol. It really depends on the person you talk to and how experienced they take you for. When I buy news phones and talk to the sales people they never get uptight about mentioning rooting and have admitted to doing it themselves as well.

And as for warranty, if you ever have to send it in, all you have to do it roll everything back to stock; and if it breaks to the point it wont turn on, they just mark it as DOA when they get it.

24. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Android Expert

Kinda weird that they would suggest that....but regardless there isn't a totally usable froyo build to flash yet anyway

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews