1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

[Verizon] Top choice AOSP 4.1 ROM

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zetroc, Jul 17, 2012.

1. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

There's lots of ROMs out there for JB on the Verizon GNex. Any recommendations on the most stable Vanilla ROM? (the least amount of mods, closest to Google's release).

Thanks!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. millenium

millenium Well-Known Member

im running Bugless Beast 4.1.1 and its very stable...as ive said in the ROM thread its like having a new phone!!

alamoe likes this.
  3. zetroc

How clean and close to the Google release is it? How's Google now behaving? Hmm... I guess I should go back to your thread and read it, lol. Thanks for the recommendation!

4. Steven58

I'm running Jelly Belly 2.6 and it's stable.

5. millenium

millenium Well-Known Member

Google Now works..and fast! i asked who the president of a random African country was and got it back in less than a second..its pure vanilla 4.1.1 JB no special apps or CM9 style mega options just pure google goodness

6. Dabitz

Dabitz Android Enthusiast

Do you mean 3.6?

3.6 is very stable and the developer Jake has been on top of if releasing updates almost daily. 3.6 has been as good as it gets..

7. viper689

viper689 Android Expert

I'd put in my vote for Bugless Beast. Not a single force close and no additional mods included.

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Another +1 for Bugless Beast. It's as close to stock as can be and very stable.

9. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I've only tried Bugless so far but yeah- vanilla. stable. and, as named, sans insects.

10. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

ditto

11. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

Jelly belly is great. I'm testing the JB waters presently and am very impressed with XenonHD. There are so many good ones out!

12. viebroccoli

viebroccoli Well-Known Member

Only tried the Vicious series (V1-V5), and it seemed very stable. Very close to stock as well...which is why I went back to LiquidSmooth. Why are you looking for the pure stock experience, and not want the options? That's what caused me to go back to Liquid.

13. VTENGR

VTENGR Well-Known Member

I first flashed Jelly Belly v3.5 - it was buggy, but I think it was my fault
    Then flashed Bugless Beast - I really liked that one, but it was too vanilla, no options
    so then I flashed XenonHD simply b/c it has some options (like volume rocker to skip music and power menu options). Been running it for a day now and it seems to be stable. Pretty happy so far.

zetroc likes this.
  14. Copacetic

Copacetic Android Expert

Vicious 4.1.1, perfect!

15. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

Are Play Movies and things like HBOgo working yet in either BB or 3.6?

16. andoird213

andoird213 Android Expert

Not working on Jelly Belly :(

17. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

initially i flashed bugless, jelly belly had too many updates every day for me to keep up with, i loved bugless at first but had a few quirks (verizon visual voicemail would not work, which another user of the rom confirmed as well, also i felt like the typing during text messages was slightly delayed which was a real pain, lastly the battery life for my phone was awful with it), just flashed vicious and i will report back shortly with my review. i may mention that i was using bugless for awhile, i think i flashed it the day it dropped so maybe a week?

alamoe and jbdan like this.
  18. alamoe

alamoe Android Enthusiast

Bugless Beast (7/14) for now. I've tried most of the others and most had little issues here and there that may actually be fixed on their latest versions. But Bugless Beast has worked perfectly since I installed it.

19. alamoe

alamoe Android Enthusiast

Just curious; is there a reason why you're using Verizon visual voice mail over Google Voice?

20. joesixpack

joesixpack Android Enthusiast

Keep us posted on Vicious. I love Bugless but the battery life is a bit of a concern. My stats for Phone idle and Cell Standby percentage of battery life used have been through the roof. Maybe its the kernel I'm using (on Jame Bond 3.3), but I'd like someone else's opinion

21. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations!
    VIP Member

Another vote for Jelly Belly. I don't use Play Movies anyway, so that's a non-issue for me.

3.7 is treating me very well, and the non-linaro kernel that comes with it seems to be very good on battery.

Impressed so far!

22. sessman

sessman Well-Known Member

So after 24 hours vicious has been much better in regards to battery life then bug less was (for MY phone, I stress this because I don't want to diss bug less and all phones are different)

jbdan likes this.
  23. zetroc

Idk, I just want to experience the Google version of JB, then I'll try mods.

24. p-bOt

p-bOt Android Expert

I'm running xenonHD and I really like it. I tried jelly belly for a day and it gave some trouble. It would get really hot then turn off the phone and it wouldn't come back on until I took the battery out and put it back in. :/ it could have been something I was doing though...but xenonHD has been great :D

I'm really just waiting it out for AOKP JB to come to a pretty stable point though lol.

john30308 and jbdan like this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews